** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, irafreak said:

I've never bet before but I always hear about vegas trying to get equal bets for and against so no matter the outcome, They're always covered. Is it possible that's what's going on here? There is no "official" contract so technically it could change...

Its probably due to Art Schleister dropping some cash on this action. 

4 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I've never bet before but I always hear about vegas trying to get equal bets for and against so no matter the outcome, They're always covered. Is it possible that's what's going on here? There is no "official" contract so technically it could change...

Limits on prop bets like this are pitifully small usually no more than a couple hundred bucks.  Vegas is not sweating this action whatsoever.  It's just a fun prop for people to throw a couple bucks down.

To answer your question, generally, yes Vegas will try to get equal action especially on heavily bet sports like the Super Bowl, NCAA Final Four, etc.  However, they 'take stands' all the time where they are comfortable taking 70% percent of the money on one side knowing that statically they have the right side and are willing to take the risk.

Edited by Xmas32
2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Aahhh, love people that still have a landline. 

I still do.  Don't currently have a cell phone.  I had one for a few months in 2010, got 3 calls on it in 5 months, made 3 calls myself on it.  Amazing isn't it that I, the social butterfly (*cough* *cough*), doesn't have a cell phone.

I don't need one, I don't particularly want one.  Since my cars are old enough, big brother can't track me everywhere.  :D  

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

As others have said No news is good news. Frost is N, just waiting to announce. I have not been able to confirm if he has signed but I guarantee you Scott is our HC. 

Right!

Seriously, do some of you think Frost would string NU along like this only to say No with so little time left?

Is it Las Vegas or offshore betting site? People don't seem to understand the job of line setters and prop bet oddsmakers isn't really to predict an outcome as close as possible, they are tasked with manipulating gamblers to bet on either side of a contest or create payoffs that spread money around to all the choices. There is a lot of psychology that goes into the point spreads. With only one choice of Scott Frost to NU, I don't understand the point of a wager being offered. Maybe they can make enough interest on the monies wagered before an announcement is made to still come out ahead if Coach Frost accepts an offer from Nebraska. Other than that, I don't see why this wager would even be offered.

11 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

I still do.  Don't currently have a cell phone.  I had one for a few months in 2010, got 3 calls on it in 5 months, made 3 calls myself on it.  Amazing isn't it that I, the social butterfly (*cough* *cough*), doesn't have a cell phone.

I don't need one, I don't particularly want one.  Since my cars are old enough, big brother can't track me everywhere.  :D  

A man after my own heart!

This guy in Florida claims to have a source

Unless Frost is an amazing bold face liar, my sources say no decision has been made yet- and that it will be a tough decision he’s very torn over. 

Obviously he has a draw to go back home, but it doesn’t seem like Mrs. Frost and some (not all) of his assistants are too keen on relocating. Additionally he’s really struggling with the potential impact a move could have on his current players.  

Idiot Ryan Bass- a UCF alum and CBS Tampa Sports Guy started spreading fake news about coaches clearing out desks already - that’s 100% false and par for the course for Ryan. He should have stuck with tending bar.  

ETA: he’s meeting with Nebraska personnel after the game Saturday and a decision either way will probably be made by Sunday.

• Plus1 1