Moos @ Omaha Press Club

14 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

I love Moos setting the tone, calling them out.  Now we have to back it up.  You know we will.

One of the best turn arounds of a team I ever personally saw, the coach came in and took a 1-9 team to 10-2 his first year.  That coach told his players to go home and tell mom and dad that the team was going to be good this year.  Then he told them to battle (war, really) in practice every day to back it up.

They did.

14 hours ago, famoustitles said:

David Hasselhoff?

No, Zardu Hasselfrau. He told the team that in these times of hardship, to remember that "we are Groot". 

5 hours ago, jaws said:

I am not sure that either coach really has put much thought into Nebraska at this point in the year, but I was serious when I said I love the enthusiasm. 

I am going to guess Nebraska will be a lot more competitive vs OSU this year, and I am going to assume there will be a lot more Nebraska fans in the Shoe this year compared to past years. 

The only two games I've ever left early are thanks to tOSU. Next year, I plan on making it through the entire fourth quarter at the shoe.

I have no problem with Moos's comments.  I probably wouldn't have said the "running scared" part.  But, I see absolutely no reason why any Big Ten team won't need to put a little extra effort into Nebraska this year and into the future.  I really don't even see these comments as being cocky.  He's just confident that he has a much better coach now than he did last year.

Actions speak louder than words.  We have accomplished nothing at this point.  No one else has either.  Keep your mouth shut and do the job, complete the task and then maybe you can talk about it.  Running scared will be locker room talk.  We talked and felt this way when we entered the Big 10.  How has that worked for us.

I am happy with this group, but have always believed in walk softly and carry a big stick.  What they don't know or expect is always to our advantage.

On that note, I never heard what the Big Ten Network had to say about our spring game, and their thoughts.   Not that I really care.  

• Plus1 1