** 2023 Opponent Preview : Northern Illinois (Game 3) **

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Nebraska has plenty of talent to be an 8 win team.  NU just really sucks at the most important position in sports.  

I guess I disagree. 

The talent or depth isn't there at receiver, the RBs are mediocre, our best TE is a walk on and the left side of our OL gets rag-dolled seemingly every play.

Improved QB play would certainly help Nebraska reach a bowl game this season - the schedule is very soft. But 8 wins? I just don't see it. The issues on offense start with terrible QB play, but it doesn't end there. 

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I guess I disagree. 

The talent or depth isn't there at receiver, the RBs are mediocre, our best TE is a walk on and the left side of our OL gets rag-dolled seemingly every play.

Improved QB play would certainly help Nebraska reach a bowl game this season - the schedule is very soft. But 8 wins? I just don't see it. The issues on offense start with terrible QB play, but it doesn't end there. 

At this point we can't judge the offense or players because we don't have a quarterback...It\they may still be sub par if\when we get one.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

what's the over/under for defensive turnover for the Huskers against NIU?  The defense has been playing well but still only one turnover by the starting defense.  2?  I feel like we'll probably get an INT and the way guys are getting after the QB a strip sack is in short order.  

2 seems fair, but Sims will turn it over by himself at least twice as well. 

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

People keep saying things like that, and we keep winning 4 games. So, it's cool you say that, but what is the point? Yay for potential?

I get what you're saying, I simply don't care anymore about could/would/should. We are screwed at QB for the year, and next year will have it's own issues.

While you are correct about the QB and being screwed unless Sims makes a historic turnaround in play, it doesn’t change the fact the rest of the talent on the team is capable of winning 8 games with this years schedule…..which is what the original comment was about.    

And I agree with you about the could/would/should  when it comes to winning and losing the actual games.  But this is a message board which is designed for could/would/should talk.  

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

While you are correct about the QB and being screwed unless Sims makes a historic turnaround in play, it doesn’t change the fact the rest of the talent on the team is capable of winning 8 games with this years schedule…..which is what the original comment was about.    

And I agree with you about the could/would/should  when it comes to winning and losing the actual games.  But this is a message board which is designed for could/would/should talk.  

8 games is a lot of wins for below average offensive tackles a couple retreads at WR Ty Robinson and corners that are suspect outside zone coverage 

43 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Whatever you're on, please share that with the rest of us

Because this is, best case scenario, a 4-5 win team

Well, I’m on an understanding of how college football works :dunno.    Because of the QB play, the team is 0-2.    Which is kinda the point of the recent discussion you have replied to.:thumbs  

Switch each teams QB’s in both games and NU is 2-0.  That’s not really in dispute.   the Big Ten West sucks hence the talent is on the roster to reach an 8 win threshold with a competent QB.  

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, I’m on an understanding of how college football works :dunno.    Because of the QB play, the team is 0-2.    Which is kinda the point of the recent discussion you have replied to.:thumbs  

Switch each teams QB’s in both games and NU is 2-0.  That’s not really in dispute.   the Big Ten West sucks hence the talent is on the roster to reach an 8 win threshold with a competent QB.  

The best 3-9 team in history all over. I’m tired of winning mythical trophies. 

• TBH 1
30 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

The best 3-9 team in history all over. I’m tired of winning mythical trophies. 

I’m tired of watching the team lose winnable games.  
Sounds like we are in agreement we both hope the coaching staff coaches the players up to their respective talent level and starts winning.