** 2023 Opponent Preview : Michigan State (Game 9) **

2 hours ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Yeah... I don't think so. Team Tucker got slapped with a restraining order after selective cherry picking and leaking those text, which they some how obtained from a deceased person's accounts. And the fact that they're trying to bury them with supposedly 20,000 other documents smells fishy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/10/06/restraining-order-michigan-state-mel-tucker-brenda-tracy-texts/71080986007/

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, LennynSquiggy said:

This is old. The new "evidence" that they released on the day that Tucker skipped his hearing, appears to be mostly irrelevant and/or speculative.

This has been discussed in more detail in this thread: 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gage County said:

One of my poker buds just dropped a pair 2nd row balcony tickets on me! I love games in East Lansing, reminds me of Lincoln.

I'm going for the first time this year.  Any must visit places or things to do? We're going to swing by the bug house on the way from Detroit and walk around to say we've been there too.

54 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'm going for the first time this year.  Any must visit places or things to do? We're going to swing by the bug house on the way from Detroit and walk around to say we've been there too.

In the Detroit Metro or East Lansing? Detroit has lots to do if you want to spend some time in the metro, and it's only an hour 30 drive to East Lansing if you speed like everyone else :lol:

The Michigan thing to do in the fall is hit a cider mill and have some donuts there (Yates has the most pillowy soft donuts around, but is busy and could be out of your way).

In Detroit I would definitely try to hit the Henry Ford Museum (it's more than just cars). DIA is a great art museum downtown if you're into that. Tons of great food and beer all over! Don't be scared of downtown Detroit it's pretty safe and has really changed for the better.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

In the Detroit Metro or East Lansing? Detroit has lots to do if you want to spend some time in the metro, and it's only an hour 30 drive to East Lansing if you speed like everyone else :lol:

The Michigan thing to do in the fall is hit a cider mill and have some donuts there (Yates has the most pillowy soft donuts around, but is busy and could be out of your way).

In Detroit I would definitely try to hit the Henry Ford Museum (it's more than just cars). DIA is a great art museum downtown if you're into that. Tons of great food and beer all over! Don't be scared of downtown Detroit it's pretty safe and has really changed for the better.

We are staying in Lathrup Village I believe, and hitting the Red Wings game that night.  I was looking for ideas for Friday and Saturday around the game, so I will check those things out, thanks for the info!

7 hours ago, runningblind said:

We are staying in Lathrup Village I believe, and hitting the Red Wings game that night.  I was looking for ideas for Friday and Saturday around the game, so I will check those things out, thanks for the info!

Cool! You're not far from Royal Oak then, which means great food and beer almost anywhere on Main Street or Woodward.

Red Wings will be fun. I think the Q line is still free so you can hop on that from the arena to Campus Matius or vice versa. It's is a popular gathering spot with shops and some chain and local restaurants around it. It's also 3 blocks from the Spirit of Detroit and Joe Louis Fist statues.

Big House is alright and Ann Arbor is cool. It's a college town a lot like Lincoln, but more posh and snooty. Frita Batidos downtown is a good spot to eat if you want something hip and unique. 

Can't help too much with East Lansing. Only been there once and all I did was tailgate. I think Cherry Lane Park was the happening tailgate spot. Was like 20 or 30 bucks to park in the grass. If you see people throwing beer cans on the ground then join in! People come by and pick them up for the bottle return deposit.

• Thanks 1