** 2023 Opponent Preview : Michigan State (Game 9) **

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We literally just won a game where the total was 45 and we had 31. 

Do you think MSU is that much better than Purdue?

MSU suuuuuucks dude. It's a MSU vs NU game, the B1G in November, and it could be raining. Recipe for a low scoring game if I've ever seen one. It's just my feels. Okay?

Nebraska could score 35, not sure about MSU scoring though... The Spartans have nothing to play for except the portal. If it weren't for our offense we'd have 2 shutouts already this season, and last game would have been 31 total for both teams.

• Plus1 1

Out of the Big 10 as a whole, Michigan State is not a program that I could find very hateable. On paper there's very little between our two programs in the big picutre.

But two years ago we rolled in there in primetime with a QB that the majority of our fan base didn't like. We were up by 7 late in the 4th quarter and then punted the ball to the wrong side of the field and squandered yet another win in the Frost era.

Maybe this game doesn't mean much for most people but I hope we embarrass these f******. I don't care if they have much to play for or what else is going on. It's a road game and if we win by 2 scores I'll be pounding beers.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, SECHusker said:

From the Minnesota game.

All offense plays

All defense plays

Michigan State seemed to have a lot more going once the new QB came into the picture. Michigan State isn't a great team, but they have the ability to beat Nebraska. 

Let's hope we play a clean game and somehow not turn the ball over so much. 

• TBH 1

Mich St Offense

#127 18.0 points/game

#112 3.46 yards/carry

#108 6.32 yards/att

#112 4.95 yards/play

Mich St Defense

#84 27.8 points/game

#37 3.58 yards/carry

#90 7.74 yards/att

#63 5.50 yards/play

(For comparison, their total defensive ypp is slightly worse than Northwestern and Illinois, slightly better than Minnesota and Purdue).

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

The old saying always has been that a team can improve a lot from game one to game two due to the players all getting a game under their belts and figuring out what worked and what they need to work on.

We had so many injuries in the previous game that our offense was a bunch of guys that really hadn't all played together.  It will be interesting to see (especially with the O line) if we will see some improvement just because of that "first to second game" experience that a team usually sees at the beginning of the season.

• Plus1 1

Bad on offense AND defense...oh boy. They probably win again on a muffed punt, a HH interception return for touchdown, and a 7th string HB fumble 6, like 20-16 or something that looks made up.

Or maybe this is the 35-3 this team can pull off when not turning it over constantly. I don't know. Let's get it on!

Somebody tell the coaches that Michigan State is a typical BIG TEN team;…. they’re gonna be reaching around and grabbing at our guys stuff every chance they get.

Usually that’s how you make sure you are never allowed back to your job, like when Andy “Nard Dog” Bernard left Dunder Mifflin.

Our guys need to be prepared for that.

• Haha 1