** 2023 Opponent Preview : Iowa (Game 12) **

On 10/14/2023 at 9:35 PM, HuskerInLostWages said:

At least their, nevermind they only have a Defense.  If we don't win 2 in a row on these sqwakeyes I will be upset.  That team is awful but we aren't great either.

I'm not sure Nebraska scores on them.

If the Huskers can create a turnover that puts them in FG position, I guess they have a shot for a 3-0 win...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have more enjoyable things to do than to watch some random game that doesn't mean anything to me. 

What a person enjoys is subjective, I like watching college football when it's on. I don't watch entire games, I flip around and watch a bunch of stuff when the family isn't doing something else.  I do that with a lot of sports, whether it's just highlights or parts of games. Having a smart phone allows me to do that from anywhere when I have a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

What a person enjoys is subjective, I like watching college football when it's on. I don't watch entire games, I flip around and watch a bunch of stuff when the family isn't doing something else.  I do that with a lot of sports, whether it's just highlights or parts of games. Having a smart phone allows me to do that from anywhere when I have a few minutes.

I'll have it on while doing something around the house, mainly just to keep up with some scores.  But...very rarely do I sit and watch another team. Especially when I know I'm going to be sitting there watching the Huskers for 4 hours.  Or, just finished doing so.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'll have it on while doing something around the house, mainly just to keep up with some scores.  But...very rarely do I sit and watch another team. Especially when I know I'm going to be sitting there watching the Huskers for 4 hours.  Or, just finished doing so.

Not gonna lie, the Huskers have been so bad for so long I honestly enjoy watching other teams to see some good football for a change. :lol:  That does not include Iowa unless they are on defense or special teams. ;)

7 hours ago, ndobney said:

ADD14DB4-BAA9-408A-BC4A-F100E2EB61A7.jpeg.193f65f693b93129a801fff122bf27ab.jpeg

How do you have such a bad offense practicing against such a good defense every day? You'd think that would be some of the toughest D they would face. Also how in the hell do you actually get good on defense going against this turd of an offense in practice? The Iowa paradox

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

How do you have such a bad offense practicing against such a good defense every day? You'd think that would be some of the toughest D they would face. Also how in the hell do you actually get good on defense going against this turd of an offense in practice? The Iowa paradox

It's a confidence thing.  The defense feels like they can beat the Chicago Bears and the offense sobs into towels after practice. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Iowa QB Hill reminds me of #22 Kentucky QB. Hefty 6'3" 260 lbs (Hill).

Last game Deacon Hill stats (Wisky vs. Birds): C/ATT .... 6/14. Passing, only 37 yards.  Rushing,  -18.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401520328

1462806.jpg.0.jpg

6'4" 285 lbs

I think he died in 2019.  He played for the river monsters and was well over 300lbs