Matt Rhule sucks

Husker816

14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

While true, we have to be honest and say that Satterfield is an absolute disaster. And Rhule hired him. 

Why he calls long developing pass plays with a liability at QB is terrible, let alone with the left side of the OL being a dumpster fire. He should realize his QB room is limited, and needs to develop an offense around the few strengths his QBs have, which is running the ball. 

But instead of developing an RPO based simple offense using the strength of his players, we're seeing one of the worst scoring offenses in the country, which is simultaneously penalty prone AND turns the ball over at an obscene rate. Rhule and Satterfield insist on this pro-style attack when anybody with eyes and a half dozen firing neurons in their brain can see is an absolute disaster.

I struggle to understand how any in-depth assessment of coaching can be made when the QB turns the ball over like it’s part of the game plan.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
  • TBH 1

The offense isn't what I thought it would be. The fullback has been more of a show piece than anything. With MJ's case being dropped, would  fire McQuire and the TE coach, bring MJ back to the coach those units and hire a dedicated QB coach. Would also bring back Busch to coach STs and fire Raiola. Would also very much consider firing Satterfield mid season if he can't get things going. Too much talent on offense being under utilized.

What I don't believe Rhule gets is he needs  fire power in his recruiting going forward.

30 minutes ago, Huskyhusker66 said:

Because he ran Thompson out for his boy sims and retained riola

Dom was only kept for one reason, we all know why.

Running off Thompson was only smart if he was being replaced by someone better.  Which is just not the case.

Thompson has NU at 2-0 right now (I think) and probably wins the west because it is horrible.

• Plus1 4

34 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

What we know so far……They’ve beat two bad football teams. 

Bingo! 

And if Sims doesn't s#!t himself NU wins this game (and Minnesota) and all these negative posters are signing a different tune about both Rhule and Sanders. 

I wonder if CU ends 7-5 if they'll all still believe Sanders is the 2nd Coming. 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

While true, we have to be honest and say that Satterfield is an absolute disaster. And Rhule hired him. 

Why he calls long developing pass plays with a liability at QB is terrible, let alone with the left side of the OL being a dumpster fire. He should realize his QB room is limited, and needs to develop an offense around the few strengths his QBs have, which is running the ball. 

But instead of developing an RPO based simple offense using the strength of his players, we're seeing one of the worst scoring offenses in the country, which is simultaneously penalty prone AND turns the ball over at an obscene rate. Rhule and Satterfield insist on this pro-style attack when anybody with eyes and a half dozen firing neurons in their brain can see is an absolute disaster.

I agree about Satterfield and have shared that he was my least favorite hire. With that said, Rhule still inherited a program that is in its worse shape in 65 years.  I am disappointed in the slow start and turnover-prone offense, but we need to give the new staff time.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I dont know man. The schemes Satterfield has rolled out the past two weeks haven't seemed overly complicated. It was bad enough seeing CU load 9 in the box most plays. Now you want to see an even simpler scheme forcing Sims to hand off or pull the ball back from RB's belly? Yeesh! No thank you. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Slow yer Roll said:

The great thing about the internet is it gives everyone a voice.

The bad thing about the internet is it gives everyone a voice.

My favorite saying about how long Covid would last, was that it would be determined by two things:

1. The density of the population.

2. The density of the population.

8 minutes ago, soup said:

I keep hearing “they ran Casey out of town”. I don’t seem to recall that. But whatever. Maybe I missed that this past spring. 

Yeah I don't really keep up on the off season stuff but looking at Thompsons career, it doesn't seem like he likes to fight for his position.  In any case, Sims is garbage.  Never liked the Rhule hire in the first place and 8 years????  Maybe by year 5 we will be playing some decent football.  Defense looked pretty solid today.  The could only do so much.

44 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Bingo! 

And if Sims doesn't s#!t himself NU wins this game (and Minnesota) and all these negative posters are signing a different tune about both Rhule and Sanders. 

I wonder if CU ends 7-5 if they'll all still believe Sanders is the 2nd Coming. 

Going from being abysmal for 15 years and a 1-win season last year to 7-5 team in one year would be a huge achievement - something which our current HC has never achieved.

• Plus1 1