What did we learn? Colorado edition

Just now, Mavric said:

Rhule better hope Tony White stays with us.  I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for a defensive staff and players when the offense is an absolute s#!t show.   Satterfield should be fired immediately and Simms shouldn’t play another snap.  But neither will happen.  And Nebraska will continue to be the laughing stock of the college football world.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Rhule better hope Tony White stays with us.  I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for a defensive staff and players when the offense is an absolute s#!t show.   Satterfield should be fired immediately and Simms shouldn’t play another snap.  But neither will happen.  And Nebraska will continue to be the laughing stock of the college football world.  

Does Satterfield = Sims?

im asking honestly.  

You know, I used to laugh when N used to have their first game against the University of the Pacific (they no longer have a football program and barely did then). But Coach Osborne used those games to have uncontested layups at game speed so things like fumbles were less likely to happen when running the option against tough opponents like Oklahoma or Miami. Even in the NFL defenses start faster than the offenses.  Minnesota and Colorado are not FSU or Georgia, but they are not FCS either. 

We all think Sims should have been pulled at least at halftime. But he wasn’t.  However, you can’t compare Colorado as a typical first year coach experience when he brought the quarterback with him, and it is his son.  They are probably on the same page.  

51 minutes ago, BigRedRig said:

You know, I used to laugh when N used to have their first game against the University of the Pacific (they no longer have a football program and barely did then). But Coach Osborne used those games to have uncontested layups at game speed so things like fumbles were less likely to happen when running the option against tough opponents like Oklahoma or Miami. Even in the NFL defenses start faster than the offenses.  Minnesota and Colorado are not FSU or Georgia, but they are not FCS either. 

We all think Sims should have been pulled at least at halftime. But he wasn’t.  However, you can’t compare Colorado as a typical first year coach experience when he brought the quarterback with him, and it is his son.  They are probably on the same page.  

I was wondering in fall camp when Rhule kept talking about about 1s vs 1s, iron sharpening iron and all that if maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the offense kick the s#!t out of some freshman walk-ons or something for a few practices.   Get their confidence up.  

• Fire 1

After 2 games i can see vast improvement on D and some (not enough) improvement with O-line. Ervin is running well, and while I know this isn't the most talented receiver group, outside of that one drop today, they've been decent. Unlike many, I'm fairly happy with what Satterfield has brought to the table. except for...

This is a 2-0 team if not for Sims. Dude is killing this team. And unfortunately it doesn't appear there's a viable backup.

Just hope the rest of the team can continue to play well and improve despite this elephant in the room. Would hate to see the entire season get tanked cuz of one position (albeit the most important one).

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Offense:

-We will ride or die with performance of the QB for the rest of the year.

-The QB room is bare.  It’s scary.

-The rest of the O squad didn’t play great, but good enough to win.

Defense:

-outstanding effort

-I don’t put a lot into the second half.  I think the were tapped physically and mentally.

General

-I give Deion credit.  He’s a winner.

-I still believe in Rhule but it’s not going to be a year one turn around.

-it’s tough to be a Husker fan.  The performance by Sims is one of the worst individual performances I’ve seen ever.  As bad as he is, there is no one behind him.

-dramatic alert.  I can’t say how disappointed I am I have to wait ANOTHER year.

You ready to drop bags for Raiola yet? Yes he can't do it alone, but no team wins consistently without solid QB play.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

It is unfortunate that we don’t have a competent qb.  Could have sped up the process. As it is, we will be grinding out games with a rushing attack and defense. Short term could be ugly. Might be good character building in the long term though. 

Rhule hand picked Sims.  

Hand.  Picked.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Offense:

-We will ride or die with performance of the QB for the rest of the year.

-The QB room is bare.  It’s scary.

-The rest of the O squad didn’t play great, but good enough to win.

Defense:

-outstanding effort

-I don’t put a lot into the second half.  I think the were tapped physically and mentally.

General

-I give Deion credit.  He’s a winner.

-I still believe in Rhule but it’s not going to be a year one turn around.

-it’s tough to be a Husker fan.  The performance by Sims is one of the worst individual performances I’ve seen ever.  As bad as he is, there is no one behind him.

-dramatic alert.  I can’t say how disappointed I am I have to wait ANOTHER year.

Agree with all of this.