Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

I dont want to put satterfield on for all of this but really.  If all 3 of them are this bad with throwing then do not throw the ball unless absolutely necessary.  If im Rhule thats what im saying,  I look HH, Sims, and Purdy in the eye and say.  Its run first, run 2nd, run 3rd and unless the sun explodes then you pass.  That will give us a fighting chance.  Because Iowa will capitalize on those mistakes better than maryland can.

13 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I dont want to put satterfield on for all of this but really.  If all 3 of them are this bad with throwing then do not throw the ball unless absolutely necessary.  If im Rhule thats what im saying,  I look HH, Sims, and Purdy in the eye and say.  Its run first, run 2nd, run 3rd and unless the sun explodes then you pass.  That will give us a fighting chance.  Because Iowa will capitalize on those mistakes better than maryland can.

Part of me agrees with you, but NU isn’t deep enough at RB, and just can’t line up and run at defenses to move the ball down the field.  There are things I don’t like about Satt, but he’s trying to get chunk plays out of the passing game to move the ball down field. 

The QB room is a pile of bodies laying on the floor. So we're way past triaging it. I know that's the low hanging fruit joke in this thread but I thought I'd pile in with one more.

8 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

I just don't see us being a destination school for any good transfer QB with the offensive line woes we have.

I'd honestly say the lack of receiver talent is the bigger deterrent for a passing QB.

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

The QB room is a pile of bodies laying on the floor. So we're way past triaging it. I know that's the low hanging fruit joke in this thread but I thought I'd pile in with one more.

I'd honestly say the lack of receiver talent is the bigger deterrent for a passing QB.

A decent QB would be making this WR look better.  

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A decent QB would be making this WR look better.  

Obviously. A QB that is better than the current one on any team would make any team's receivers better. But that wasn't the point of the exchange I had with the other poster.

The point I was making is that it'll be hard to draw in a pass-first guy with the receiver corps we have.

We wound up with Sims because Sims couldn't get any better offers - and Sims' play is really bad. Definitely worried that Rhule brings in another sub-par player like Sims for next year, big concern.