What players leave? 2023/24 version

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.  This year, Scott and Benhart played well and, my opinion, the others improved over the year.  Now, if he could find a few more that can make the jump like these two did, we could have a good O line.

If those two guys come back that is one more year of seasoning that the younger guys can get in the bag as well.  Get back to the point of having your offensive line be made up of 3rd, 4th and 5th year guys.  Not 1st and 2nd year guys.  

That's when things start to get fun on the line

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3

On 11/27/2023 at 10:10 AM, Husker in WI said:

I think it's:

• Anthony Grant
  • Joshua Fleeks
  • Billy Kemp
  • IGC and Marcus Washington (could likely get injury waivers)
  • Nouredin Nouili
  • Luke Reimer
  • Quinton Newsome
  • Phalen Sanford
  • Marco Ortiz

But the list of guys with only a covid year left is much more extensive and many of them will choose or be encouraged to move on.

It's going to be interesting. Nebraska significantly over the scholarship limit - 20 or even more depending on the portal. 

There's going to have to be some fairly significant roster movement to make room for the new recruiting class. 

Just now, commando said:

where can he go and play?    wouldn't he have to sit out a year since it's his 2nd transfer?  can he start next year at a lower level?

Graduating in December, so free to go anywhere.

Not sure that there will be a market in the P4, but could probably get a job in CUSA, MAC, or Sun Belt.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

24 minutes ago, Decked said:

He will get a guy fired at that level. FCS level or high D2. 

This.......

I played D2 football.  I also was around many legit D1 players through high school.  I think it's lazy when people say he will excel at a lower level.

If you can't remember the play or handle a snap, you're a liability.  Regardless of the level of comp.

He's a risk for whoever takes him.  I think he's going to have a real hard time finding a decent destination.  And I think we all know how it's going to go.

EDIT:  But a FCS school may want to risk one of their 63 schollys because he's a nice guy and good teammate.  A D2 would most certainly consider breaking up one of there 36 scholly's to have a positive clip board holder.

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

He appeared to be a good teammate, even after his benching. Horrid play by the young man all year, but I wish him well. I wonder what he’s getting his degree in. I think he is certainly going to need to lean on that here in a couple years.

Yes, he had horrible results on the field, and was turnover prone at GT.  On the other hand, he is a great athlete with all of the tools and measurements.  He also must be a hard worker and great teammate, as he was voted on by his team for a single digit number.  I paid close attention to the sideline during home games, and he was constantly involved and encouraging HH and CP.  He will find a landing spot, but as stated, probably not a P5

• Fire 1