2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

19 minutes ago, GSG said:

@TGHusker Saw some people saying the sports talk on the radio in Tulsa were saying McCord cancelled a visit to Okie St and it's pretty much a done deal to NU. You hear anything like that?

I know you didn’t ask me… but on 590, Husker radio… they said it was rumored that we are hosting 4 QB early next week. They assumed it was McCord, Howard, Ward, but didn’t say for sure Leavet.  They seemed to think that McCord may not be our top target, but it would shake out after next week. Thought maybe McCord was bet possibility due to the others are ranked higher and more highly sought after.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It would have instantly gotten NU to 8-9 wins this year 

Which is a moot point since it didn't happen, and no two years are the same. You've seen the last decade, every year brings new fun. QB improves and all of a sudden we have leaky pass defense so it doesn't matter, etc. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

What's going on at Ohio that those guys are leaving.?

Anyone heard anything?

I would say that the thing your seeing rn with all the higher ranked teams is that since they reload every year with high profile kids not all of them are going to play.  So either they want a fresh start or to go somewhere like Nebraska where they know they can compete with lesser profile kids and get good NIL money in return.

10 hours ago, lo country said:

Odd they went after Sims as their must "get" last year and now McCord (or other more traditional QB's). Two opposite styles for sure.  I don't think Satt was really ever a QB run game guy.  Im guessing Rhule is smart enough to look at potential QB's and what they can do with what we have and who else is coming in.  I just can't believe that we are now on year 7 with no bowl game....

Not that odd considering they recruited DK. Seems like they have been planning to go that direction for a while now.