2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

I believe McCord knows he could get passed up by another QB at OSU.  Day and their fanbase just seem in a weird place, so close they feel they need that one extra thing and maybe they do?  But former OSU QBs have gone on to success elsewhere. McCord can come here and be the guy, he clearly would be the starter. I think our NIL will have to deliver here.  

1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

He isn't as good as Ewers but he is way better than what we had. Think maybe our PA connection helped with McCord. 

I really don't think Ewers is that good. He has probably the best help of anyone in the nation and played in the league with the worst defenses. Ewers improved a lot this year to get to be an actual good QB but he is far from great. I don't think a team would see more or less success if you switched the 2 QBs this year. 

6 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I believe McCord knows he could get passed up by another QB at OSU.  Day and their fanbase just seem in a weird place, so close they feel they need that one extra thing and maybe they do?  But former OSU QBs have gone on to success elsewhere. McCord can come here and be the guy, he clearly would be the starter. I think our NIL will have to deliver here.  

Ohio State and McCord were the definition of the backup QB being the most popular guy on the roster.  

Going from multiple Heisman contenders to a just "solid," qb is hard to swallow,  apparently 

• TBH 1
2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Pretty sure he was basically told he's not the starter and they are bringing in the best transfer QB they can find. He'd have the opportunity to win the job again, but I think it was going to be an open competition from day one. Which is pretty brutal when you went 11-1 with a close loss to the #1 team in the country - not guaranteeing your role is fine, but you'd expect to begin spring ball as the starter and I don't think he was going to.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Didn't want to come to NU unless he was "promised" the starting job, but willing to go to ASU where a TFr started half their games before being hurt.

I want two good Qbs from the portal to go along with Kaelin next year...and it would be nice if Purdy would stick around and improve.  I was hoping there would be one like this kid that has multiple years to play and is willing to sit next year and develop.

But, I think that's going to be difficult for Nebraska to pull off.

Just now, Red Five said:

This is so funny, because people were confirming that McCord and Flemming were in town this weekend, hanging with the team and getting a feel for Lincoln.  Now we are confirming he is currently on a plane headed for Lincoln.  All of these "confirmations".  LOL.  Which ones do you believe.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I want two good Qbs from the portal to go along with Kaelin next year...and it would be nice if Purdy would stick around and improve.  I was hoping there would be one like this kid that has multiple years to play and is willing to sit next year and develop.

But, I think that's going to be difficult for Nebraska to pull off.

I think the Nebraska coaches understand that they needed a proven qb(McCord) but also are ok with Chubba being the back up.  So that's why they probably aren't going after another qb in the portal.