2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Thought I heard McCord said he’s worth $2 million but other estimates were like 1.3 on a good day. If he sticks to that, he and helicopter dad might find themselves living on a steady diet of government cheese and bullhead filets while they’re living in a van down by the river.

I suppose he could declare for the draft but I don’t know what other school is paying him that.

The more I read, the more I see that his dad is a royal pain & is mostly giving his bad advise. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree. I’m sorry I even posted that we told him no over $2M. With additional info it sounds like it had more to do with being able to tell Raiola he would have a shot at playing in 24 and that required not guaranteeing McCord being #1. The money may have been somewhat secondary as it sounds like we may have had to boost the NIL for Raiola as well.

So I have no idea if McCord is worth $2M or not but that’s pretty much a moot point since apparently we are trying to lock up the QB position for multiple years rather than just 2024.

McCord actually said himself that the money was a problem.I agree though that there’s more to it because he didn’t like them talking to Raiola and maybe that’s why the money wasn’t there.

He’d have two years left to play if helicopter dad hadn’t got on the red phone and made sure he played an unnecessary game just to keep Ewers off the field.

1 hour ago, Akees said:

They are two years apart. When Chiles is a junior DK will be a redshirt freshman. 

And Raiola is a 3 year guy (especially if we don't get a transfer qb), and Kaelin is a 5 year guy.

If it's just playing time, and it could be more than that, then he really needs to get some good advice and think this through.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

Good pickup for Indiana.

Yeah, that's a real nice score for Indiana. Wisconsin (Tyler Van Dyke) and Minnesota (Max Brosmer) got some solid portal QBs, too, and of course Michigan State landed arguably the top portal guy in Aidan Chiles. And since they'll be in the Big Ten next year, I might as well mention Dillon Gabriel to Oregon and Will Rogers to Washington. 247 rates them all as 4* transfers coming into the Big Ten.

https://247sports.com/college/transfer-portal/Season/2024-Football/TransferPortalPositionRanking/

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/former-aggie-demond-demas-headed-to-big-ten/ar-AA1lvlzC

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Former Texas A&M receiver Demond Demas may have unveiled his new home for the 2024 season.

On his Instagram account, Demas' page reads: “Ball Catcher @huskerfootball.” That link takes you to the Nebraska football Instagram account.

According to records, however, Demas has not made any official announcement on joining Matt Rhule's squad for 2024. Demas was reportedly offered a scholarship midseason at Garden City Community College.

3 hours ago, chamrocck said:

The fact that his dad is a legacy and his uncle is on staff is a lot closer to why DR has interest in our program than not.  This saga has been going on for months so yes the the fact that his uncle not only was retained but given a large raise is good for our recruiting efforts.

Now people may like or not like the coaching his uncle has done and that can be debated, etc. Bottomline is Rhule wants him on staff.  But to say this has nothing to do with DR and our recruiting efforts is quite rich. 

Having Donovan on staff no doubt helps Dylan feel comfortable about going to Nebraska, but to keep throwing out the extension and insinuating, or flat out stating, that DR is the only reason Donovan is on staff is what is insulting. That was the go to line before this season and people continue to do that with the extension. Rhule wants Donovan on staff period, the fact that his presence helps in recruiting his nephew is just a bonus.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1