2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I was told by many on here that Rhule ran CT out of town.  So why would CT want to come back and play for someone who kicked him to the curb?

Not sure that is absolutely true.  Rhule has always said that he would not ask any players to leave.  I think a new coach with portal qb made his decision & now he regrets leaving 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I was told by many on here that Rhule ran CT out of town.  So why would CT want to come back and play for someone who kicked him to the curb?

Not sure that is absolutely true.  Rhule has always said that he would not ask any players to leave.  I think a new coach with portal qb made his decision & now he regrets leaving 

14 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Rhule has always said he won't tell a player to leave, true. In the very next sentence though he's always said, but I'll be totally honest with them on how I see their role here.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Decked said:

Rhule told Casey..Sims is our starter you’ll have to unseat him. With no guarantee to start for his last year of college Casey leaves with NFL aspirations in mind. The end.

And no ability to do that because he just had shoulder surgery and couldn't compete in spring ball....and actually didn't even know if he was going to be able to play last fall.

22 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am curious if we have any new RBs coming in next year.  I have not paid close attention to that position and did not see any 2024 commits at the RB positions.  

We had a RB commit for several months but he decommited and is going elsewhere.  We kicked the tires on a couple of high school RBs after that but we appeared to decide that wasn't what we wanted to do.

No portal RBs as of right now.  But word is we'll try to get one to visit in January.

• TBH 2
23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We had a RB commit for several months but he decommited and is going elsewhere.  We kicked the tires on a couple of high school RBs after that but we appeared to decide that wasn't what we wanted to do.

No portal RBs as of right now.  But word is we'll try to get one to visit in January.

We desperately need a burner with decent vision. I hope we haven't used up all the football gods goodwill on a 5:star QB.

• Plus1 1