What did we learn? Maryland edition

Enhance

20 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Satterfield might be the worst situational play caller I've ever seen

It's almost like he refuses to accept that a defense knows what's coming. He has to always sprinkle in a surprise to catch them off guard, while forgetting about the time, place, and what it takes to win games. He simply refuses to win games like Iowa does and seemingly feels like the correct play call is exactly what the defense expects. Rhule cannot be successful here with Satterfield's level of ineptitude. 

Also, I was previously on the RPO train with this team because I hoped it would simplify the game for the QBs. I was wrong, it just doubles the chances for Quarterbacks to turn the ball over. They simply can't execute anything - run or pass - without a looming sense of disaster. 

Worst ever?

5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

On side kick with momentum and the lead was one bad call in an otherwise decent called game, worst single decision, ever. This game was completely terrible from the word go.

You would've elected to run the ball instead of throw it in that situation. 

20 minutes ago, Enhance said:

If we think about this logically, a FG at best actually gives them the win. At worst, a FG forces the other team to have to score. That's a completely different dynamic in a game atmosphere because it puts most of the pressure on the opposing offense.

Are you suggesting it's better they turned the ball over and let Maryland win in regulation? I don't really get it. A Nebraska FG in that situation would've objectively been a good thing.

Maryland had scored 10 points the whole game up to that point. I don't personally care that much about how well a team moves the ball between the 25's. I care about the points and having more than the other team at the end.

Sure you can argue the pressure it puts to be up and that could have helped, but getting into FG range was not an issue for them. The point about them moving the ball up to the 30 is that's all they needed for a FG. They could have kicked probably 3 more FGs in that game.

I'm not saying a FG is bad but I don't think it is a win like everyone is acting like it is. A TD in that scenario puts way more pressure on them and our defense kept them out of the end zone well all game. It's the risk vs the outcome. A TD there I think gives us our best shot out of any scenario at a win. You play for the win. 

How can you win a game without a QB? Do we have someone on our roster that ever played QB in high school? At this point, they can’t do worse than what we have. It is disgusting what transpires on offense week in week out. Our defense has kept us in every game other than the Michigan game. We could have won every other game with a semi-decent QB that just does not turn the ball over. Just that.

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Mine was only $6.44 with tax. Sucker! ;)

I just cancelled it after the game and they offered me 3 months at $3.99 per month lol

Touché 

7 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Sure you can argue the pressure it puts to be up and that could have helped, but getting into FG range was not an issue for them. The point about them moving the ball up to the 30 is that's all they needed for a FG. They could have kicked probably 3 more FGs in that game.

I'm not saying a FG is bad but I don't think it is a win like everyone is acting like it is. A TD in that scenario puts way more pressure on them and our defense kept them out of the end zone well all game. It's the risk vs the outcome. A TD there I think gives us our best shot out of any scenario at a win. You play for the win. 

Statistically, today at least, chances of scoring a TD from the five were greater by running the ball.  Play for the win. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1