What did we learn? Maryland edition

Enhance

2 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

This team is one serviceable, doesn't even have to be average, QB away from already being bowl eligible and in the driver's seat for the West

Nebraska now has an FBS-high 27 turnovers and a minus-14 turnover margin.  I hope the new average QB can overcome that (with the same OC?).  I agree with those sports writers who are opining our play calling as instrumental in our turnover woes.

2 hours ago, Enhance said:
4 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I'd rather play for a three pt. lead in that scenario and force the opponent to HAVE to score. Nebraska didn't need a touchdown. They needed points

You make an excellent observation here that I can’t believe the coaches didn’t take into account more.   I get they didn’t call for an interception and expect the QB to not piss down their leg, but it’s been happening all year long in the red zone so why do they expect a different result in crunch time.    Glad you mentioned this. 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

It is the most basic of basic game management. There is literally ONE THING that you cannot do under any circumstances in that situation. ONE.

If nobody is open in the end zone, the ball needs to be thrown into the 14th row. It should not be in the same area code as any opposing defensive back.

The QBs aren't seeing the field Purdy saw red open and nothing else in front of him.

The play call wasn't good. Should have been tight end back of the end zone or run.  But these QBs are like deer in headlights throwing and when they run they fumble too.  There are freshmen on other teams that play like this in games 1-3, then wake up and play way better.  Why can't they?

Our offense is so basic but they fumble instead of toss interceptions if all we do is run.  Same turnover result.

4 hours ago, M.A. said:

Worst ever?

At this level of football? 

It's pretty bad. He's given Illinois a possession before the end of the half, he's botched winning drives against Minnesota and Maryland. He's caused turnovers because he continues to hammer square pegs into round holes.

The schedule is the worst it's been in modern Nebraska football history and teams aren't capable of punishing his incompetence. There's a reason South Carolina fans celebrated him leaving, his situational awareness is nonexistent. His idea of what to do in winning situations sabotages the team. 

How somebody with his game management has made it to this level of football is a joke. A high school coordinator could've done better today. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Haha.  That's who I said earlier.  We both know a good OC to grab!  10-0 and ranked #25.  There O sits at #5.  Granted "lesser" competition, but we currently sit at 113 before today...

I think he would get us back to being the Nebraska of old on offense. The type of offense that would win in the Big 10

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think he would get us back to being the Nebraska of old on offense. The type of offense that would win in the Big 10

I agree!  Salter, their QB now, is a true dual threat.  60% completion rating.  Just like at Coastal, 1 RB almost 1000 yards, one at almost 400, Salter over 600 and a WR with 250....Spreads the runs around.  Leading receivers with 650, 430 and 200.  Several other over 100....It's a hard O to defend imho.  And Chadwell actually teaches the guys how to run the option...

12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

At this level of football? 

It's pretty bad. He's given Illinois a possession before the end of the half he's botched winning drives against Minnesota and Maryland. He's caused turnovers because he continues to hammer square pegs into round holes.

The schedule is the worst it's been in modern Nebraska football history and teams aren't capable of punishing his competition ineptitude. There's a reason South Carolina fans celebrated him leaving, his situational awareness is nonexistent. His idea of what to do in winning situations sabotages the team. 

How somebody with his game management has made it to this level of football is a joke. A high school coordinator could've done better today. 

It's a disaster...He's not a weapon's expert! Move on without him huh? 

Perhaps Gen. Rhule (Ha) though making some adjustments can overcome our offensive "production" and the unit will then become a model of exemplary execution! :thumbs