What did we learn? Maryland edition

Enhance

8 minutes ago, M.A. said:

It's a disaster...He's not a weapon's expert! Move on without him huh? 

Perhaps Gen. Rhule (Ha) though making some adjustments can overcome our offensive "production" and the unit will then become a model of exemplary execution! :thumbs

Right. For example, Michigan didn't attempt a pass in the entire second half of their game against Penn State because their coaching staff isn't moronically inept. They just kept doing what allowed them to win. 

Satterfield is incapable of simply accepting the limitations of his team, of calling to the few strengths of his team, and calling plays that work even if it's multiple times in a row. He doesn't consider the state of the game, the game clock, the score, or who his QB is when making calls. It's a pathetic joke. Poor coaching is why Nebraska has been terrible for 20 years, and Satterfield is the latest iteration of painfully obvious evidence that the braintrust of this team just isn't there. 

He puts the ball in the hands of his QBs no matter the mound of evidence that exists that they cannot make plays, reads, or that they understand the defense in front of them. It's the the worst Quarterback play in P5 football and their coach leaves them out to dry because he's inept and doesn't belong at the D1 level of play calling, let alone at B1G level. The evidence of his ineptitude is large.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

I know some on here hate it when we blame Satterfield but this loss is on him. Now, that does not mean that our players have no blame in this loss. They do. At some point, Kemp batted the pass down as if he was playing volleyball (WTH). However, when your team is 5 yards away from scoring and going ahead with less than 3 minutes to go, you play to your strengths and make sure you get away with at least 3 points. What you don’t do is think that a 3rd string QB can win the game for you with a pass when your first two QBs could not pass the ball to save their lives. Satterfield is the driver here. If you know that your car has two bum wheels and s#!tty brakes, you do not drive 80 mph. Satterfield trying to pass when all you need to do is be safe and get the 3 points to give your team the lead and lean on your D to win the game for you, why not do that? He is not a good OC regardless of the talent on the team. You play to your strengths and Satt does not know how to do that. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Right. For example, Michigan didn't attempt a pass in the entire second half of their game against Penn State because their coaching staff isn't moronically inept. They just kept doing what allowed them to win. 

Satterfield is incapable of simply accepting the limitations of his team, of calling to the few strengths of his team, and calling plays that work even if it's multiple times in a row. He doesn't consider the state of the game, the game clock, the score, or who his QB is when making calls. It's a pathetic joke. Poor coaching is why Nebraska has been terrible for 20 years, and Satterfield is the latest iteration of painfully obvious evidence that the braintrust of this team just isn't there. 

He puts the ball in the hands of his QBs no matter the mound of evidence that exists that they cannot make plays, reads, or that they understand the defense in front of them. It's the the worst Quarterback play in P5 football and their coach leaves them out to dry because he's inept and doesn't belong at the D1 level of play calling, let alone at B1G level. The evidence of his ineptitude is large.

It's possible that Satterfield is pretty smart. Sometimes intelligent people don't get out of their own way. Many smart people wouldn't make very good intelligence officers. While I view things differently, I do think that there's been situational issues. 

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about football as many of you here. It just seems to me that it's more of a personnel issue. Our quarterbacks just aren't that good. There's other contributing factors along with that. Then maybe instead he attempts to compensate for what we're working with by outsmarting the opponent at junctures which diminishes what (I think) is otherwise decent play calling. Perhaps he makes corrections, can adjust. 

I'm a strategy person. I like strategizing and having contingencies. Thing is, sometimes more oftentimes proves less. Work with what's in front of you rather than injecting things that are counter to what one's intending to accomplish. No sense making what's a simple choice complicated. Accept the answers, whatever they are, as you say with Michigan continuing to do what was necessary to achieve the objective of winning. 

There's definitely some things needing addressing on offense. When evaluating the season and his staff, among other things Rhule would do well to bring in a quarterback's coach in some configuration as he originally intended to do. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

I find it sadistically comical that frosty could move the ball but couldn’t play defense. And now we can’t move the ball but we can play defense…..

what if Rhule brought in frosty for OC… lol

…. kidding………. :snacks:

They would have still thrown on the goal line. :D

I thought Deacon Hill was the worst QB in the P5 but against Rutgers yesterday Brian Ferentz actually put together a game plan that was filled with roll outs and play action passes that allowed him to be successful.  He didn’t look nearly as stupid as usual…and they won.  You guys obviously need Brian Ferentz and…I heard he’ll be available.

We have offensive challenges.  Is it the QB room or how they are being coached?  Chubba to me looked Ok, until the interception.  Again, is it the chicken or the egg?  Big 10 football, other than Ohio ST is kind of bland non championship winning football.  Ohio St is the only team that has an offense to compete against the elite.  Michigan was exposed against TCU last season.  At this point, I will root for Ohio St to win this mess of a conference.

Oh, what did I learn from yesterday's game..............we are what we are right now.   Have no offense.  Have an over inflated defense who has managed to keep us in games against some of the worst offenses in college football.  Again folks, we are what we are at this point.  Looking back at our schedule and teams we have played, were lucky to win 5 at this point.  What's sad is our chance to win the west for the last go around was here.  The whole west div is in shambles, and we just let it go right by us.  An Iowa team who has maybe a better offense than us, and better defense is going to play for the title.  What I learned is even in year one, Rhule should have won this division, because by default, this was the worst division in all of college football.  Some of these teams will never be this bad ever again.  Have we improved from last season?  Could have Mickey won the 5 games we did at this point?  ?????

20 hours ago, GSG said:

Mine was only $6.44 with tax. Sucker! ;)

I just cancelled it after the game and they offered me 3 months at $3.99 per month lol

There is actually quite a bit of good content on Peacock, if you can put up with 2-3 minutes of commercials before the show you want to watch. Also they seem to get a lot of new release movies before other streamers, Cocaine Bear and Knock at the Cabin being a couple I recall recently.

Luckily we get it for no additional charge with our cable package. I was going to say for free but the cable pkg is far from cheap or free. Anyway, might be worth a few bucks for a few months to check it out.

15 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Can we pin this thread on the header of every page of the website?