Fire Satterfield

Decked

31 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Bonner would have been the lead blocker. Had he blocked the guy who stretched it out Purdy would have had a lane either inside or outside. Bonner was looking to make a block downfield which is fine but Purdy didn't do anything to put the defender in conflict. He allowed the defender to play both the qb and rb.

I think I quoted the wrong section. Somebody mentioned missing a block, but that's was the read for the pitch. Agree that Purdy needs to make that guy commit. That's something every QB this season has not done well.

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think I quoted the wrong section. Somebody mentioned missing a block, but that's was the read for the pitch. Agree that Purdy needs to make that guy commit. That's something every QB this season has not done well.

There was a third player. Lead blocker, Purdy and pitch man. The lead blocker could have made a poor block on the defender but I think he was actually doing what he should have, getting to the next level. He's the one who might have missed a block.

15 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

We will start to see things work when we have a functional line. We’ve been wondering in the desert for so long because our o line play went from a treasured asset to an after thought. 

my guess is raiola is canned after this season. No way satt is let go, him and Rhule r too close. The only bad thing about raiola leaving is we prolly lose that ol recruit from Hawaii. 

I'll make you a friendly wager that Raiola is not fired, and my guess is no one will be after one year. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, desertshox said:

There was a third player. Lead blocker, Purdy and pitch man. The lead blocker could have made a poor block on the defender but I think he was actually doing what he should have, getting to the next level. He's the one who might have missed a block.

Right, but someone was saying the blocked should have taken the first defenser that showed, which they should not because that's that was who Purdy reads for the pitch.

I see it as mostly a time problem. These are student athletes who have a limited amount of time to get together. We've had a ton of injuries that have forced us to play freshman and guys who wouldn't normally see as much playing time. The offense understandably lacks coordination from all the changes and it shows. I think some of the false starts were due to the linemen not being used to Chubba, who seemed to be fooling his own guys with the cadence or something. Coach Osborne had a saying about how many losses to expect when playing freshmen...I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't good....you can look it up.

Did you see that option play to start overtime? Was that the saddest option you ever saw? You guys whining about run run run, is that what you want? How about those draw plays up the middle, the pros used to do that to slow the pass rush. That's what they call running now. Add to this that we don't have a lot of game changers on the field. Our players are pretty good but our opponent's are too. There's a lot of athleticism everywhere these days. You can talk about this play or that but it seems pretty obvious that we lost the game because we only scored 3 points in 3 quarters and our defense couldn't stop a QB from running or cover a receiver to save their life.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Right, but someone was saying the blocked should have taken the first defenser that showed, which they should not because that's that was who Purdy reads for the pitch.

I'm not a coach but isn't this EXACTLY the situation we want with the option play...  1 defender vs QB and pitch man..??  My uneducated observation is that Purdy should have taken the inside line and made the defender choose.  pitch if he bites, run if he doesn't.

16 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

I'm not a coach but isn't this EXACTLY the situation we want with the option play...  1 defender vs QB and pitch man..??  My uneducated observation is that Purdy should have taken the inside line and made the defender choose.  pitch if he bites, run if he doesn't.

Yes

No one is getting fired after year 1 IMO.  Rhule basically fired back when asked earlier about making a change. He responded with asking the reporter how firing coaches has worked out recently at Nebraska!! He will point to all of injuries, especially the inconsistency at WR and OL due to the enormous amount of players being called upon to play way earlier than projected. All of those points are valid. He will overlook the inconsistency in play calling and clock management (which is on Rhule).

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

Can you really shoot for an "identity" with a patchwork of young kids and missing a QB and 8-10 projected starters..??  asking for a friend...

So your plan is to try not to put any foundational pieces down until you get the talent? How does that work in recruiting? I think you start working toward your identity like the defense did this year. Start putting your stamp on the team. Once you get the players, you’ll learn Shatterfield sucks like he has everywhere else. It would be nice to know what the staff wants to be in 3 years other than turnover free. 

9 pages of "Fire the OC!"........  you guys are out of your minds.

Yall are just extremely pissy and acting drunk because we didn't win a close game at Wisconsin and don't know how to deal with it.   

We played a clean game.  No fumbles and no interceptions (until the final play in OT - so what?).  

Our offense outplayed Wisconsin's offense in passing yards, rushing yards, total yards, yards per play, and time of possession.  We had the same amount of first downs (19). And Wisconsin ran 5 more plays.  The game was decided in overtime. 

Fire the OC?  That's irrational.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, admo said:

9 pages of "Fire the OC!"........  you guys are out of your minds.

Yall are just extremely pissy and acting drunk because we didn't win a close game at Wisconsin and don't know how to deal with it.   

We played a clean game.  No fumbles and no interceptions (until the final play in OT - so what?).  

Our offense outplayed Wisconsin's offense in passing yards, rushing yards, total yards, yards per play, and time of possession.  We had the same amount of first downs (19). And Wisconsin ran 5 more plays.  The game was decided in overtime. 

Fire the OC?  That's irrational.  

And we still lost.  I can give a flying F about the stat lines.....All that matters in W-L.  7 years winless against them.  No win there since 1966.  And it's not just this "close loss".  Stop me if you've heard the best 1 score loss team in the country before.  We are now on year 6 of "close losses" and "moral victories".  Dude is getting paid north of 1 millions....He has not had a prolific O in any of his stops.  Wasn't suppose to be the OC here until Peetz fell through.  OC by default.  I wasn't a fan then and even less after 11 games.  

• Haha 1