Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

Learned that Rhule is really a fraud.  Satterfield is worse than a fraud.  I will not blame Purdy for that throw.  With 6 minutes left in the game, we were content with a field goal try into the wind.  We did not try to win the game then, so we should not have tried with 40 seconds left in the game.  We could have kneeled and settled for an overtime battle.  

Rhule is not a game manager.  He is not a good in game coach.  I think he is a good practice coach and maybe decent at developing to a low degree.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

This team just doesn't know how to win.  There's really no other way to put it.  

There is young talent on the team that did some great things today, but there's not enough to fill the gaps that we have.  O line is inept at pass blocking and commits stupid penalties, WRs can't get open before the O line collapses, and our QBs don't protect the ball when it matters most (and two of them have zero passing ability).  Alvano and Buschini are a liability more often than they're an asset.  The transfer portal needs to be a priority in the off-season.  Even if we have the best recruiting class since the '90s, we'll be in the same boat next year if we don't fill at least a few of the gaps through the portal.

Football officiating is quite possibly the worst it's ever been.  That's absolutely no excuse for the way Nebraska plays, but it's a fact.

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Learned that Rhule is really a fraud.  Satterfield is worse than a fraud.  I will not blame Purdy for that throw.  With 6 minutes left in the game, we were content with a field goal try into the wind.  We did not try to win the game then, so we should not have tried with 40 seconds left in the game.  We could have kneeled and settled for an overtime battle.  

Rhule is not a game manager.  He is not a good in game coach.  I think he is a good practice coach and maybe decent at developing to a low degree.  

Rhule is a fraud, Satterfield is a fraud, but Purdy throwing it RIGHT TO an Iowa defender is OK?

That makes zero sense.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3