Will Howard

Will Howard is an average QB.  Will Rogers is way better.  

Stats:

Will Rogers Miss State (SEC)

42 games, 12K yards, 94 TDS, 28 INT

Stats:

Will Howard Kansas State (Big 12)

(crickets...) 

OK, I will be nice.

Will Howard KSU

30 games, 25 interceptions, 58% comp, 5K yards.  Woo <_<

He's kinda meh.  And the perfect fit for Northwestern or iLLinois or maybe Minnesota, and that's it.  

25 minutes ago, admo said:

Stats:

Stats:

(crickets...) 

OK, I will be nice.

Will Howard KSU

He's kinda meh.  And the perfect fit for Northwestern or iLLinois or maybe Minnesota, and that's it.  

Even a mediocre QB would be an upgrade. Less than 1 interception a game? I'd take that.

In any case, I haven't seen anything suggesting either player is eyeing Nebraska.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, presidentjlh said:

Even a mediocre QB would be an upgrade. Less than 1 interception a game? I'd take that.

In any case, I haven't seen anything suggesting either player is eyeing Nebraska.

Yeah.  The thought of Howard is silly.  So is the thought of Rogers.  

Plus there are other threads to discuss current Husker QBs and transfer portal players (QBs too).  So yeah, I made my point.  

5 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

This offense will turn a mediocre QB into a turnover machine, too. I have no faith in Satterfield's ability to develop a QB and the entire passing game needs an overhaul.

A lot of these interceptions fall on Satterfield. Things like running verts with 2x2 sets against 2 high Safeties bracketing with no hots. Especially in the college game, take the thinking away from the QB. Give him actual progressions....1,2,3 release. This offense lacks routes that work off one another, lacks break timing, and has too much waiting for someone to hopefully get open. It's a nightmare for *any* QB. While we certainly had to make lemonade out of lemons from the QB position I think it's equally fair to say we completely and utterly failed to help our QBs.

• TBH 1

6 hours ago, admo said:

Stats:

Stats:

(crickets...) 

OK, I will be nice.

Will Howard KSU

Will’s last two years were 4,300 yards 39 TD’s 14 INT’s and 12 rushing TD’s. I’ll take meh if that’s what he’s gonna provide.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Will’s last two years were 4,300 yards 39 TD’s 14 INT’s and 12 rushing TD’s. I’ll take meh if that’s what he’s gonna provide.  

That averages to 2100 yard passing seasons, 18TDs 7 INT, 6 rush TDs .... Casey Thompson basically did that in 9 games too.  Not really mind blowing if you ask me, but if you like, you like.

10 hours ago, admo said:

Stats:

Stats:

(crickets...) 

OK, I will be nice.

Will Howard KSU

You know absolutely nothing about evaluating stats or QBs apparently.
  Will Howard last 2 seasons has a higher passer rating and QBR (20th to 95th). Will Howard has the threat of running while Will Rogers has no rushing ability.
  Will Howard is also rated 94.73 vs 91.60 on ON3 transfer rating. 
  Will Howard improved in completion % while Will Rogers declined (Year over Year).
  Will Howard had to play games in the Cold, Will Roger’s did not.

Will Howard’s average pass went over a yard further per attempt than Will Roger’s explaining the greater chance of interception, but inevitably accomplishes more first downs and field position.
  Will Roger’s dumps it down and relies on WR YAC. Also benefitted from Mike Leach (R.I.P.) system (8 billion short passes a game)

This is all based on the last 2 seasons as you shouldn’t evaluate a Senior with their freshman stats..

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
15 hours ago, admo said:

Stats:

Stats:

(crickets...) 

OK, I will be nice.

Will Howard KSU

People seem way down on Rogers, I don't get it.  I would take him in a second.  Tons of experience, played against really good teams, would learn the offense in about 2 days.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, admo said:

That averages to 2100 yard passing seasons, 18TDs 7 INT, 6 rush TDs .... Casey Thompson basically did that in 9 games too.  Not really mind blowing if you ask me, but if you like, you like.

Well, Will only played in 6 1/2 games in ‘22 and split some time in ‘23 in games.  Also, sure I would have taken Casey’s Texas/NU production instead of what we had and seen NU win 9 games instead of 5.   

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, brophog said:

This offense lacks routes that work off one another, lacks break timing, and has too much waiting for someone to hopefully get open.

The bold is what I noticed all season long. And Satterfield was pretty fond of going to these types of pass plays after converting a first down. That was hard to watch.