Will Howard

No doubt about it, he isn't there only look, but the fact that Riley has had 1st hand exposure to him, and has enough interest to pursue, is good enough for me. I'm sure we don't have a shot, if Riley extends an invite. I would think this would fill all of Howard's wants with regards to getting NFL favor: QB guru for a mentor, Big X exposure and potential to play in front of his family (Pennsylvania Highschool), USC athletes for receivers....

33 minutes ago, GISker said:

No doubt about it, he isn't there only look, but the fact that Riley has had 1st hand exposure to him, and has enough interest to pursue, is good enough for me. I'm sure we don't have a shot, if Riley extends an invite. I would think this would fill all of Howard's wants with regards to getting NFL favor: QB guru for a mentor, Big X exposure and potential to play in front of his family (Pennsylvania Highschool), USC athletes for receivers....

I hope they do because I don’t think Howard is anything special and Riley is in decline. 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As are we, I’m sure. 

For sure. MJ morris, the Miami QB, etc I’m sure we’ve talked to 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Why would Howard come to Nebraska at this point? I'd obviously take him, but from his standpoint I don't see why he would. Terrible offense this year, didn't make a bowl game, questionable OC, average NIL and no good veteran receivers as of now. 

Money, Midwest familiarity (stretch), family feel like KSU/staff fit. 

jk probably just money lol

Maybe I’m too hopefully optimistic, but I thought there were many glimpses of what kind of success could transpire with the right individual. With QB being the most important position on the team, ours were in the bottom 5%? Find someone with higher skill and the offense looks much different. While I distrust Satterfield because I don’t believe he pushes the right buttons in right situations. With Rhule sticking with him, I hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Why would Howard come to Nebraska at this point? I'd obviously take him, but from his standpoint I don't see why he would. Terrible offense this year, didn't make a bowl game, questionable OC, average NIL and no good veteran receivers as of now. 

Maybe he’s not a whiner with victim mentality, like you. Maybe he sees that we’re only a few pieces away from a much better record. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
6 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I might be drinking Koolaid, but has this season normalized Riley a bit?  His body of work is still pretty small and seems to anchored to one QB.  Kinda like Jimbo at this point.

Well he has coached 3 QB’s who have won the Heisman and has 3 QB’s, soon to be 4, in the NFL as starters. 

• Plus1 1