Best Qb after Taylor Martinez

With the game on the line - Ganz    Not flashy but consistent.  As @knapplc said - wished he had more time wt the 1st Offense.  It could have been special.  He had good receivers.  He just had that old 'get it done anyway you can' gutsy play.   I always thought that Ganz with the Suh D of 2010 or TM wt the Suh D would have led to a NC. Instead the Suh D corresponded with Lee as QB and an offense that was very limited.  Kind of like this year - our D with an average QB would have won the West. 

• TBH 1
59 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

With the game on the line - Ganz    Not flashy but consistent.  As @knapplc said - wished he had more time wt the 1st Offense.  It could have been special.  He had good receivers.  He just had that old 'get it done anyway you can' gutsy play.   I always thought that Ganz with the Suh D of 2010 or TM wt the Suh D would have led to a NC. Instead the Suh D corresponded with Lee as QB and an offense that was very limited.  Kind of like this year - our D with an average QB would have won the West. 

Suh wasn't part of the 2010 team, but actually was the breakout leader on defense Ganz' senior year.

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Suh wasn't part of the 2010 team, but actually was the breakout leader on defense Ganz' senior year.

Suh was a Jr during Ganz's senior year.  I didn't think of that as a real breakout year.  SUH's breakout year was the next year  - I guess that was 2009.  TM was 2010

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Suh was a Jr during Ganz's senior year.  I didn't think of that as a real breakout year.  SUH's breakout year was the next year  - I guess that was 2009.  TM was 2010

2008 was definitely a breakout year for him - several things people think were part of his Senior year (catching a TD against Kansas, pick sixes against San Jose and more famously Colorado) happened during his Junior year, with Ganz. He was first team all-conference his junior year, and it was a real possibility he'd declare for the draft. He was on a lot of preseason All-American lists going into 2009 - no one expected a Heisman-level Senior year, but he was excellent in 2008 and big things were expected.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

2008 was definitely a breakout year for him - several things people think were part of his Senior year (catching a TD against Kansas, pick sixes against San Jose and more famously Colorado) happened during his Junior year, with Ganz. He was first team all-conference his junior year, and it was a real possibility he'd declare for the draft. He was on a lot of preseason All-American lists going into 2009 - no one expected a Heisman-level Senior year, but he was excellent in 2008 and big things were expected.

Thanks for the update.  I probably was overwhelmed by his Sr year that his JR year faded in comparison.     I do recall now how most of us thought how Bo had transformed him from a Cosgrove do nothing to this very good tackle all in one year.   

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Thanks for the update.  I probably was overwhelmed by his Sr year that his JR year faded in comparison.     I do recall now how most of us thought how Bo had transformed him from a Cosgrove do nothing to this very good tackle all in one year.   

And lost in translation was the qb Ganz lol.  Would you say Suh play overshadowed how good Ganz played?