QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Full circle. 

Trev better keep coach away from Gate 25 tonight 

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Didn’t feel like a laugh emoji would be enough. 

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Another way of saying push the envelope?

No edges is essentially like no limits 

51 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hard to tell, his line at buford is auful.  He does through some back shoulder & touch passes. 

I noticed that too but left it off my comment.  

His uncle coaches the same; one of our recently weaker units.  Extended one year in contract.

Exciting for the program but that line had better protect the kid...

7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I noticed that too but left it off my comment.  

His uncle coaches the same; one of our recently weaker units.  Extended one year in contract.

Exciting for the program but that line had better protect the kid...

Oline was better than last year. I personally feel a lot of people judge him based on year 1 under Frost. With the way Frost ran the program IDK how anyone can judge a guy coaching under him.

• TBH 6

10 hours ago, admo said:

You are either overthinking or clearly out of your mind.  Or trying too hard to put him on the bench and wait his turn.

Let me run it down to you so it makes sense.

- 3 years have come and gone, and he has been "The best HS QB prospect" across the board, or near it, year after year.  The Best. Among the best. 

-He is 230lbs. He's 6'3.  Do you think he needs time to sit and redshirt to get physically ready to play football?  Think about that.

-He played great in Texas.  He played great in Arizona.  He played great in Georgia.  He's a great player.

- He has three years before he can go pro.  Why would you want him to sit out one year behind HH or Purdy for a year?  3 years and gone to be a Pro player. 

- Why would you think he needs to sit behind anyone?  Has Nebraska had QB troubles over the years?  Has Nebraska been to bowl games in 6 years?  Do you sit and wait your turn, even if you are the best on a team that wins 4 or 5 games a year?  That doesn't make sense.

-Why do you need to have a transfer QB to come in and have him carry the clipboard?  Did 2AM not start his true freshmen season and do Ok?  

You don't have to expect miracles during year one with him starting when he earns that right, with the best arm talent and physical ability on the team.  I just think the idea to "redshirt him, let him sit back and learn and get physically ready so he can be great in year 3 and 4" is ridiculous.  That's old 80's and early 90's thinking. 

If he's the best QB recruit in HS and bails out on Georgia, says "No thank you" to Alabama, USC, Texas, Ohio State, LSU, Oregon, Washington, etc, etc.......... you know he's already the best QB on the team.  No offense to Haarberg and Purdy and Sims (who had to leave).  Please don't tell me you have to wait your turn to play QB at Nebraska.  The whole state and fan base will tell you "Well, if he's that good, get him out there on the field ASAP".  

Unless you like fullbacks and walkons.  

This might be the best post I have ever seen on a college football forum. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2
7 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Plus, our s&c is under new direction. 

Underrated comment. Benhart looked like he had lead feet until this year. He still has issues with speed rushers, but he was much improved everywhere else. Also it appears that the team called plays to protect the OTs more than Whipple did in '22 (chip blocking, keeping more people in to protect).

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Those who've seen him, how well does he read through progressions?  The highlights I see are he's got a cannon arm and receivers who can get behind DB's. 

How do his skills translate to B1G year one?

He better have someone's mind better than Satt teaching him how to see the field.

One of the impressive traits I’ve seen in the clips of DR playing is his ability to see through the rush and view the secondary while he’s moving in the pocket.  

NU’s 2023 QB’s couldn’t do this and the results showed 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If Riola does commit, is he an early enrollee?  I’m assuming he is, but I’m sure someone here knows for sure.

Yes.

The original plan was for him to move to Athens this weekend and then go through bowl practices with UGA (that is allowed by the NCAA, just can't play).

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!