Trev to A&M

30 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Shouldn’t the reason he left be the villain?   I’m pretty sure this isn’t a money thing.  

Agreed not a money thing...he was already top 10 nationally.

If he is aware of issues higher up, and has still been this successful, but chooses to leave instead of workingthe fix, I will lose respect for him.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

If he is aware of issues higher up, and has still been this successful, but chooses to leave instead of workingthe fix, I will lose respect for him.

He may not have the power to assist in fixing what is broken, nor have the trust in the people that do. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 5
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The problem is that it isn't something he can fix.  He can't fix the board of regents or the governor who's boots they lick.  You'd think that pillen being a former football player would do everything he can to make the university & it's athletic department happy, but he's more interested in avoiding press conferences where he might have to explain why he does what he does.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 3
  • Worth a Look 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Rot is a pretty strong word. Coaches, ADs, administrators, and frankly people in every other profession will leave a company to join your company, then leave your company for another company that pays even better. 

Wait. He's leaving for the SAME money?

In the last year we've lost Ted Carter, Ronnie Green, and now possibly/probably Trev Alberts.

Now, it's not impossible for those things to not have a causal relationship with the dysfunction and lack of support from the state/regents/etc. But when you look at the not-so-secret reality that Ricketts and Pillen have been taking a blowtorch to the university, it's hard not to draw some pretty strong correlated conclusions.

• Fire 3

24 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

He may not have the power to assist in fixing what is broken, nor have the trust in the people that do. 

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Like maybe someone whose name rhymes with "villain."

Or maybe someone who was born on third base, acts like they hit a triple with their daddy's money, and looks like this:

caillou-clipart.png

• Haha 5

Probably it was a shock to management that Trev would so seriously entertain an offer from another school. I think it's obvious by now that Trev has voiced concerns to said management for some time. 

Perhaps this was the shock they needed to get serious about moving forward on a permanent President, and possibly restructuring the athletic department hierarchy. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Trev to A&M