Trev to A&M

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

He's been in charge of UNO and UNL for a while now so it's not like he just showed up...I think he just wants a change from whatever is going on down there, the regents or whoever, or he'd just rather live in Texas. I thought it was strange that Rob Childress came back from A&M to take a lesser job...now Trev is going there. I now wonder if there were any convos at that time about Trev going there. I also wonder if the Nebraska regents and staff are toxic....people don't stay here long anymore. Bill Moos didn't seem too enamored with the job either. Maybe it's time to clean house?

I’m on board as long as by “house “ you include the governor’s mansion. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am assuming UNL, like other schools, has someone who takes care of the Olympic sports.  The AD at a place like Nebraska, should only deal with FB, VB, MBB, WBB and maybe Baseball and Softball.

That's more than the AD will handle, ADs have a lot on their plate, anything more than the singular bell cow program is passed to Assistant ADs. Even then most Assistant ADs will handle 3-4 sports and that's about it.

EDIT

And at a place like Nebraska, the AD isn't the day to day report even for the bell cow program.  You will have one of the Assistant ADs work with FB only. Another work with MBB, maybe the golf teams. Another will be WBB and something like XC/T&F. Another will be wrestling/W. Soccer/bowling etc. Every Assistant AD will have multiple teams/Admin support for the department. And all will give reports to the AD, but the AD will not be the primary person for any sport.

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I’d be surprised to see Trev there long. 

I forgot who mentioned it in the thread earlier, but they mentioned that he had thrown his hat in regarding being Big Ten commissioner and something regarding the playoff. They also highlighted that this step would mean he's led at a mid-major (UNO), a Big Ten school, and now an SEC school. It's a resume that could potentially put him in line for something overseeing college athletics at-large ahead. No idea if that's his gameplan or what his goals are, but if the Big Ten & SEC were to break away from the NCAA down the line, he would likely be on a shortlist of candidates to lead the joint venture.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve tried to stay positive and not look too negative towards Trev in all of this. But, his tweets are making it very hard. 

Very tone deaf. 

Yes, me too - the tweets were kind of a turning point.   Kind of feels like a guy who broke up with his long term girl friend but keeps in touch while he dates someone else.  Time to move on. 

11 hours ago, I am I said:

Can we win some games during the football season this year? 
Are the coaches and players, on a day to day level  affected by this? 
Will our players not lift enough weights, or the coaches not go thru enough film to win some games?

Will players transfer or will we lose recruits because of our AD loss? 

Dylan Raiola ..... decommit.   And a few 4-stars leaving. :steam

• Haha 1

There's rumors floating around that he felt like the way the regents were handling the sexual assault lawsuit left him open to being fired. To be honest, that feels like the most plausible explanation to me - bailing out while he could, before a potential career-ending firing. It'll be interesting to see if Amy Williams ends up getting fired...

• Plus1 4

It's admittedly a PR nightmare to have a native son with his name etched on the stadium make a lateral move to another school.  A&M on the other hand has a track record of throwing $ at problems for PR wins.  Did they actually poach an elite AD or overpay for a PR W???  

I do not see how Coach Williams survives after the season ends.  There was more happening with the team (last season) than just the Coach Love incident and the aftermath behavior by the team.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toe said:

There's rumors floating around that he felt like the way the regents were handling the sexual assault lawsuit left him open to being fired. To be honest, that feels like the most plausible explanation to me - bailing out while he could, before a potential career-ending firing. It'll be interesting to see if Amy Williams ends up getting fired...

I’ve heard a similar rumor that the higher ups wanted to settle and Trev felt he had done nothing wrong and didn’t like the settlement plan.  I doubt it played a major role, but IDK.  I still feel that the gov, regents and Trev all share culpability in this event.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Toe said:

Unfortunately that makes too much sense.

• Plus1 2

It's shocking.   My gut reaction is that if it's true about Trev reaching out for the B1G commissioner job, he already had one foot out of the door.   Couldn't wait to get out of Lincoln.  And that's a hard pill to swallow.  So you know it had to be brutal for him to leave.

The other thing is that without Carter, Green and now Trev gone, Nebraska Univ needs to get their s#!t together.  There is no leadership in place with a pecking order and full support to run the op. 

I just hope the Nebraska media and University BOR don't get lame and try to ask the head football coach to come stand at the podium and answer tough  questions.  That would be insane, but also a very Nebraska thing to do.  Rhule is just the Head Football Coach and can't speak on behalf of Trev or others.  

If people want answers, reach out to Trev and talk to the VPs or Execs or Interims.  This has nothing to do with football or the athletic department staff.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:24 AM, Xmas32 said:

There's a way to do things and a way to not do things. I will grant (and this will be the last time I bring this up ITT in order to not derail) that it wouldn't have mattered because Denney hated Trev's guts.

Man, I get tired of this stupid argument. A men’s sport had to go for Title IX. It wasn’t Trev’s decision and he called Denny before it hit the papers the NEXT F&(@ing MORNING.

The UNO Wrestling thing is tired and worn out and quite frankly nobody really cares. People that understand things have understood the decision for a long time. Look at UNO now. It was absolutely the correct decision. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3