Trev to A&M

12 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Fiowa

How to pronounce this new word?

Can we make it the word of the year?

So, Nebraska loses it AD and Iowa comes into play? Wow,  Iowa does live rent free in your mind!

The timing of this is horrible and I can certainly understand why you are all pissed. I'd like to see the Huskers absolutely smoke A&M in both men's and women's basketball. 

Nor would A&M be likely to hire Alberts with a potential scandal hanging over his head in the future. Either a quiet settlement is already in the works or the university has evidence to refute the claims.

At least that's kinda how I'm reading things. 

23 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

It is just too easy to get Iowa people going.  Thanks for playing...

We, Nebraska, have been s#!tting the bed for a quarter of a century. We get our high off flinging it at others.

How about instead of flinging it, we get our s#!t together?

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...

25 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So it sounds like they weren't doing it before that. I wouldn't trust them to all of the sudden change out of desperation. Luckily for us it sounds like they did. 

They didn't change, they moved quickly in an effort to avoid having an extended egg on the face situation (like the Callahan hiring way back when). They went with the close hire in Gold, who had already been a utility player in the system. And then hired an AD so desperate to leave the West Coast that he jumped at the opportunity six months after taking the job at Washington. He might end up proving to be a great hire and I'm hoping he can do a good job. But it is pretty evident that our program was stronger with Trev at the helm. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

They didn't change, they moved quickly in an effort to avoid having an extended egg on the face situation (like the Callahan hiring way back when). They went with the close hire in Gold, who had already been a utility player in the system. And then hired an AD so desperate to leave the West Coast that he jumped at the opportunity six months after taking the job at Washington. He might end up proving to be a great hire and I'm hoping he can do a good job. But it is pretty evident that our program was stronger with Trev at the helm. 

I don't think they changed completely obviously but the pres hire seems like one Trev would have been good with. Maybe not though.

• Plus1 1