Did Bill Callahan sabotage the 2004 season?

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Must have been Huskerpedia.  I was on it also.   It got very, very negative.  And if anyone thinks the political threads here are negative, they don't hold a candle to what it was like on Huskerpedia.  I was in my Glenn Beck, Rush, Tea Party mode back then.  I eventually escaped that trap after coming to HB and gaining some perspective from friends like you and @knapplc .   Moderation is a beautiful thing.

It's possible.  But, that doesn't sound quite right.  I remember being on the other board and really not enjoying it anymore and someone from here privately told me to come here.  And...here I am.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That might be it.

The tide really turned around the end of the Bo years and the beginning of the Riley era and the place was just miserable. I remember one of the owners and admin, Solly, routinely suspended members for every little disagreement and effectively ran a bunch of people off. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's possible.  But, that doesn't sound quite right.  I remember being on the other board and really not enjoying it anymore and someone from here privately told me to come here.  And...here I am.

That is exactly what happened to me.  I was on Huskerpedia and someone told me to come here - I didn't know about HB before that. 

A word of Thanks for HB members:  - there are some really good people that I truly respect on this board.  I don't always agree with them, but I respect their point of view and their insights.  Iron sharpening iron is always a good thing - we must always keep learning otherwise we are going backwards - and we can all learn from each other.  On the Football thread - so many of you guys know more about the Xs and Os of defense and offense than I do.  I can recite the history of Husker football, being a fan since 1970 (yes, I'm that old)  but the technical side of new offenses and defense - I gain a lot from all of you just reading your posts.  In the political forum, I understand a lot of the history & political philosophy side being a history major/Political Sci minor but you all help me to broaden my perspective and get out of a political rut.  For that, I am thankful.  

• Thanks 2
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I joined in 2007 just before Callahan was fired. I didn't post a lot in the first year. I mostly used this site to strip text of formatting for recipes. Copy it from the janky blog text formatting into the box here, then copy it into my recipe book. After a while I started following along with the conversations and contributing more. 16 years later I'm still hanging around. Doesn't seem like that long.

I think I was just a few months before you.

• Oh Yeah! 1

18 hours ago, ZRod said:

Can you tell us what Netscape was like grandpa? :lol:

LMBO hey I used to rip MP3s off Napster and LimeWire chuckleshuffle   And then rock to those songs on my WinAmp player or just burn CDs FTW lolol

Until I got tired of viruses and reformating my desktop PC over and over.  

About: Blank nearly killed my machine twice

Huskers had started going through some tough years during those times too.... 

• Haha 1