DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

After coaching Dorsey and Suh back to back, and having outrageous success with both, a kid with the potential of Odighizuwa has to have us at the top of his list. Has to.

I think in a couple of years we'll have added Crick's name to that list, then little Stein (not so little)...then Owa. Think about that sales pitch - we'll be beating DL recruits off with a stick (a very large stick).

By the rivals article alone your jaw would be dropping if Owa didn't come to Nebraska. Add in all the chatter that's been building up to an including the in-home last night, and I'd be absolutely floored if he picked another school. It sounds like he's comfortable with Nebraska's staff, and so is his mom. They were worried about academics, but Bo and staff remedied that.

Things could scarcely look any better than they do.

By the rivals article alone your jaw would be dropping if Owa didn't come to Nebraska. Add in all the chatter that's been building up to an including the in-home last night, and I'd be absolutely floored if he picked another school. It sounds like he's comfortable with Nebraska's staff, and so is his mom. They were worried about academics, but Bo and staff remedied that.

Things could scarcely look any better than they do.

If this article isn't proof of how serious NU student/athletes take their academics, then I don't know what is?

So I'm guessing Bo passed this info. along to Owa's mom.

He might announce today.

What makes you say that?

Where's this from EZ-E? Last I read in the HI article is that an announcement could come as early as the end of the weekend.

Owa is N for sure though. Everything in that article makes it seem he was finalizing a couple things and that he's (and his Mom) ready to commit. So excited to watch him play!!!

Sounds like he wants to talk to his HS coach. That will happen today. I doubt he will be discussing this with him over the weekend. So, the announcement should come real soon. I think the HS coach will wish him well and in the back of his mind hope he gets the same attention SUH rec'd this year. SUH set the stage for top 10 recruits to go to NU and get national/worldwide attention. This is why this could happen rather quickly in my opinion.

Being the last in home visit may pay off on this one!!! Great job by our staff once again. IBWT

How do you get on an Academic All-American team? I know getting the best grades is a requirement, but what needs to be done to get on the team? Do they take the top students, no matter how they perform on the field? Or do they take the best students that also perform well on the field?

Nominations for the Academic All-America program will be accepted only from current dues-paying CoSIDA members.

CoSIDA members may nominate student-athletes only from their own institution.

To be nominated, a student-athlete must be a starter or important reserve with at least a 3.30 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) at his/her current institution.

Nominated athletes must have participated in at least 50 percent of the team’s games at the position listed on the nomination form (where applicable). In baseball and softball, pitchers must have at least 10.0 innings pitched. Athletes who have not participated in at least 50 percent of their team’s contests are not eligible.

No student-athlete is eligible until he/she has completed one full calendar year at his/her current institution and has reached sophomore athletic eligibility.

In the cases of transfers, graduate students and two-year college graduates, the student-athlete must have completed one full calendar year at the nominating institution to be eligible.

Nominees in graduate school must have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or better both as an undergrad and in grad school.

How do you get on an Academic All-American team? I know getting the best grades is a requirement, but what needs to be done to get on the team? Do they take the top students, no matter how they perform on the field? Or do they take the best students that also perform well on the field?

Nominations for the Academic All-America program will be accepted only from Knapplc.

Fixed it for you :thumbs

Nominations for the Academic All-America program will be accepted only from Knapplc.

That seems only fair to me, an impartial observer. :)

That seems only fair to me, an impartial observer. :)

I was getting ready to PM you this thread. I am glad you saw it. :lol:

So I didn't get on the board last night and I just spent 30 minutes in this thread catching up. Since I got off of the board at 5:30pm EST until my post now, there have been 271 posts and 6 pages added to this thread. I would also say that 90% of was like watching my 4yo on X-Mas eve and then finding out that you didn't get that Red Rider BB Gun. So things I learned from reading this thread: some people must really not like to sleep, HSKRNOKC is on the HC Hotseat already (I think I heard EZ was in a closet), if Bosnian was around another HB poster then he most likely would have gotten his a$$ beat, HuskerJock posted at 8:41pm EST and most likely was in the john at 9:00pm EST because he was eating Taco Hell, people are either scared or love SkrsChigo's Avatar (I love btw, reminds me of HuskerJen), HuskerInLostWages needed medication to calm himself down, and a really cool song was done in pre-mature celebration. I think that sums it all up.

• Fire 1