SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

I could speculate some more but I won't. Bottom line is this, the kid made his decision and I'm okay with it. So long as he's happy, then I say KUDOS to you young man. Do what's in your heart and go get it.

We're Nebraska. We'll be fine without him.

:yeah While it would have been great to get this kid, I think we'll be fine without a QB this class. We already have one of the best dual threats coming next year, we'll just have to take one more.

Wow, just didn't see this one coming at all. Fajardo also canceled his visit this weekend because of Carnes. Hhhhmmm maybe no QB in 2010?

I'd guess that you are right. Jamal Turner is the man for next year.

This is not that bad a thing, really. We are covered for next year with Lee. And Green will either be a sophomore or he redshirts. Spano will be a freshman and so too will be Martinez and Kellog. It is not like we are without young QB's.

My guess --- though I could be wrong --- is that Carnes sees Green, Spano, Martinez, Kellog and Turner and figures that that grouping is too much to contend with to get early PT. And, of course, Lee has next season locked down. At WKU he will be big man on campus --- perhaps we see him starting against us next year (unlikely but could happen. At any rate he'll be THE MAn there very soon. At NU he is one of 6 potential players to follow Lee. Not too surprising, really.

If this is true that he is going to Western Kentucky, I hope he has fun in Lincoln on September 4th playing against the Blackshirts. :bonez

If he does happen to start in that game, he'll find out real quick just how much faster the college level is. Especially against a D like ours and the multiple schemes we run. Tommie Frazier will probably sweat and cringe for the kid. :lol:

When I saw that Jamal Turner threw for 13 touchdowns last season with 10 interceptions I honestly got fairly unexcited about his signing pretty quickly. I would think that his signing had to effect Carnes decision.

We just lost a highly touted quarterback recruit to Western Kentucky. I would have rather had Carnes than Turner...

When I saw that Jamal Turner threw for 13 touchdowns last season with 10 interceptions I honestly got fairly unexcited about his signing pretty quickly. I would think that his signing had to effect Carnes decision.

We just lost a highly touted quarterback recruit to Western Kentucky. I would have rather had Carnes than Turner...

Not me. Turner is going to be a good one. Not saying Cranes won't.

If this is true that he is going to Western Kentucky,

I can guarantee too you that Bo/Tim Beck will not stop recruiting 3-4 QBs next year. All year.

Notice which coach(es) I didn't state?? Clears throat........Gilmore.....And I guarantee you Bo won't let these 2 recruit QBs next year.

I hear without TF's help, Carnes probably visits someplace else anyways. For Watson's sake, this turned another 180 on him and yet again blew up in his face. The man is gun shy and I don't want him recruiting any more QBs for NU again. He can't do it by himself. Remember without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM right now. Martinez was all Carl. Without him he's in the Pac 10 right now. Beck is recruiting Turner. Watson has recruited C. Spano to NU, he had no place else to go before enrolling early and a super stud, WALK ON QB, J. Klatt, at CU.

Finally, it's a damn good thing Marsh didn't turn down NU/Watson for UNO. Well hopefully he doesn't decomit in the next 3 days???

:w00t WTF.............Explain to me how some on this board can attack a kid for choosing a college over NU? Grow the F up !!!! Refering to him as "stupid" and comparing him to the likes of some of our decommits???? This is a kid, that decommited from SFU only because of a coaching change, gave NU a vistit, wants to be closer to home, and apparently chose to play for a former HS coach. Man, I can't believe the kid didn't come 1/2 way across the country to a cold weather climate, unfamilar with anyone (except a 'cousin') to play football. Hell, we have Cody Green, Taylor Martinez, Jamal Turner to follow...... It will be a friggin log jam at QB if Carnes would have commited ( especially if Spano stays).

If you take of the rose colored glasses, WKU is probably the best fit for the Brion. But I guess that some on the board lose sight that the well being of an 18 year old kid is more important than playing for the almightly Huskers.

There is NO bigger NU fan than I am, and I love recruiting, but holy hell, way toooo much whine a$$ing on here !!! He didn't even DECOMMIT, he just gave us a visit, and is now getting attacked via a message board....wow. :rant

• Fire 4

Like I have stated before. Don't hold your breath on Turner coming here. If the past has taught us anything...it's made us aware that a 17 year old kid (especially at QB) can back out of a school in a matter of seconds! Freeman, and the Gabbert's have shown us that! A long way until Feb 2011 and you can expect next season that many schools will put the full court press on him to commit.

Not so fast Husker fans. Wiat till signing days to count out on Carnes.

There are several people on HI saying the article is bogus and are 100% certain Carnes will be N on Wednesday. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :ahhhhhhhh

That just goes to show ya that the so called "insiders" on HI really have no clue what they are saying. That is the main reason why I didn't renew my membership this year.

Judging strictly from both QB's films, I've concluded that Turner is a true dual-threat in every sense of the word. Like one recruiting evaluator from Texas said, "he's a wizard when the ball is in his hands." However, Carnes is good too, no disrespect to him. I would be happy having him on the team too, but Turner is that dude.

Keep in mind that both QB's play in the largest divisions in their respective states. Carnes's team has always been a great HS football team, past & present. He led them to the state finals this year. On the flipside, Turner's HS football team isn't known for being good. Matter of factly, they've gone 3-7 the past two seasons. This means that Turner has fewer weapons on his team than Carnes does, therefore Turner ends up shouldering most of the load for his team.

With that in mind, let the stats speak for themselves.

awxdag.jpg