The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Read the Bryan Pruitt interview in No Place and Suh's block will look like a friendly game of tag.

I still think it was entirely unnecessary though. Had he hit him right as the left foot was planted (a split-second difference) his knee would probably be done. And we're talking about a huge offensive lineman who had no chance to catch the ballcarrier.

Legal block? Possibly. Dick move? Probably.

Dick move? Probably.

Not seeing that at all.

This gif and potential fine are exactly why I don't watch the NFL anymore. They made their name off players like Suh. Now they're trying to muzzle those same players with asinine rules.

It's a contact sport. You strap on those pads you had better be ready to play. Fining Suh for that hit goes against 50 years of NFL practice. Calling penalties on hits that "bad" would have ruined the career of Lawrence Taylor, among dozens of others.

EDIT - just caught this:

@mikefreemanNFL

Suh fined 100 grand by Merton Hanks, a former player, and good for Hanks. Agree with this wholeheartedly. Smart move.

Hanks really sticking his neck out with this fine. ;)

• Fire 1

original.gif

That's not the "dirty" play everyone is talking about, is it?

Wow. You know I've been disappointed in Suh for some of his previous stuff but this? Give me a break NFL and the media too. #65 was in pursuit and I would have done the exact same thing. F'em Suh. Unfortunately this is more his reputation gaining the punishment here versus the actual play I feel. Lame....

What is the actual rule for low blocking? I mean... he was in the open field. I guess I always thought the rule was for blocking linemen when they were... you know, near the line.

Nothing below the waist in the open field I believe. Actually I don't even know if that's true, maybe it's the knee, because guys get blocked below the waist all the time in the league.

My opinion is a hit on the guy is unwarranted regardless. We were saved in the Michigan St game last year by pretty much the same situation. Lets' be honest, Suh shouldntve taken the chance on it with his history. He's not doing his public personna any favors. That 300 lb center is not gonna catch that NFL backer from 10 yards back.

Edit: The fine is bullsh#t though. It's utter ridiculous. The things I heard on ESPN radio today without seing it yet made me expect much worse. I'm really a bit baffled. But again, Suh has created this monster, he's really gotta start watchin his p's and q's a bit.

Now, next thing is where does this lead. Is this a precedent? Where does it go with the targeting rules and such? They were just talking after a few penalties the other day that guys are simply just gonna have to start going low. Where does is now go from here?

original.gif

That's not the "dirty" play everyone is talking about, is it?

Wow. You know I've been disappointed in Suh for some of his previous stuff but this? Give me a break NFL and the media too. #65 was in pursuit and I would have done the exact same thing. F'em Suh. Unfortunately this is more his reputation gaining the punishment here versus the actual play I feel. Lame....

Wow. $100k for THAT?? Looks like Suh hits hit just under the belt, at about mid thigh. Not even close to the knees. A marginal call at best. What an incredibly bullsh#t fine.