Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

Bandwagon, really?

Ranked fourth in consectutive sellouts in 2007, doubt many have not sold out since then. Near 125 in row, does not indicate a bandwagon fan base in my mind.

Florida is new on the National level compared to some of the ones you mentioned, but they are avid fans that live and breath Gator football, just as we do Husker football.

Pocket change when you're considering the contract w/ Miami would probably be for 17-20 million + over 4 or 5 years.

I don't think Miami pays *that* much more than NU, which is about $2.1 million. Surprisingly, Miami is rumored to be in the middle of the pack in the ACC. Which would put them at about $2.5 million. OTOH, Miami is a private school. So there is less insight.

edit: Oops, I meant ACC, not big east.

More from the Sun-Sentinel:

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has spoken with Hurricanes AD Hocutt

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has spoken to University of Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt about the Hurricanes' coaching job but has not been offered it, two people with knowledge of the search told the Sun Sentinel on Thursday.

"He is in the mix," one of the sources said.

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne denied giving permission to Pelini to speak to UM.

"Bo's never talked to me about anything like that," Osborne told the Lincoln Journal Star. "If he got permission, he didn't get it from me."

I would like this to have as much truth as Dan Beebe's allegation that his "death threats" were being investigated by the police. We'll see.

I have a really hard time believing Bo would choose the U over Nebraska at this point simply because he has this team moving in the right direction and we're heading to the Big 10, the conference he grew up with in Ohio and played in at tOSU. That's gotta stand for something.

Considering his real dream job is probably Ohio State, and there's that unwritten rule that coaches don't go from one Big Ten school to another, it wouldn't surprise me all that much.

That being said, I remain skeptical until there's confirmation.

according to Dontrayevous Robinson on facebook, Pelini isn't leaving

he posted this on Aaron Green's profile

Dontrayevous Robinson - Man he ain't going no where trust me this do is staying in nebraska for real

corncraze - we've told you before, please don't make us tell you gain...please stop stalking the recruits. thanks. :)

Maybe I am a friend of Aaron Green...