The Bubba Starling Thread

Obviously it will take a few years in the minors before he plays in KC or even Omaha. NOBODY jumps right to the majors from high school. Regarding pitching the top four on the Royals board all went before their pick so it was a no-brainer to take Bubba. The Royals have plenty of highly touted pitching prospects on the cusp of arriving in KC and most will there a couple seasons before Bubba even arrives.

Aren't these the same thing?

• Fire 1

I'd like to see the Husker staff tell him to decide first, or not to show up.

Nobody should treat this program as a second class choice, and Husker football is nobody's "negotiating tactic". He may be a great athlete, and if he wants to play football I'd love to see him in red, but he needs to quit using Husker football as a tool.

• Fire 1

Nobody should treat this program as a second class choice, and Husker football is nobody's "negotiating tactic". He may be a great athlete, and if he wants to play football I'd love to see him in red, but he needs to quit using Husker football as a tool.

^^^^ This!

I agree if he is using it as a negotiating tool. But in thinking as a coach, I would let him come and try to persuade him in staying. Hell, just being with kids his own age might have a change of heart with him. (just that .001% chance alone, I would let him come).

I agree if he is using it as a negotiating tool. But in thinking as a coach, I would let him come and try to persuade him in staying. Hell, just being with kids his own age might have a change of heart with him. (just that .001% chance alone, I would let him come).

There is a chance that he might not totally know what he wants to do yet. Yeah, the money would be great and I would take it and I would hope he takes it too but maybe right now he is still a bit undecided, so why not let him come to pratice. I dont think he is treating NU like it is second class, he is not comparing it to another football program, he did that already and NU won out. Now he is comparing it to his possible future job.

• Fire 3

There is a chance that he might not totally know what he wants to do yet. Yeah, the money would be great and I would take it and I would hope he takes it too but maybe right now he is still a bit undecided, so why not let him come to pratice. I dont think he is treating NU like it is second class, he is not comparing it to another football program, he did that already and NU won out. Now he is comparing it to his possible future job.

Totally agree.