SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Didn't give an explanation, but Rivals ranked Johnny Stanton as the 20th out of 25 QBs after Day 2 AM/PM sessions at the Elite 11.

Its a throwing camp he is not a good thrower. Though he will get better and I think last year was his first year as a QB.

Didn't give an explanation, but Rivals ranked Johnny Stanton as the 20th out of 25 QBs after Day 2 AM/PM sessions at the Elite 11.

Its a throwing camp hes not a thrower. Though he will get better.

what.gif

• Fire 1

Good article, but can we all, as Husker fans, agree NOT to call him "Johnny Tebow?"

I think I remember reading something about Tebow being a Nebraska/Tommie Frazier fan. I think that's why he wore #15.

I think comparing a QB to Tebow is only an insult if it's an NFL QB. I'd love it if Stanton is even close to being as productive as Tebow in college.

Kind of what I was thinking. Hard to argue that he wasn't one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time. I would love to be compared to him.

Good article, but can we all, as Husker fans, agree NOT to call him "Johnny Tebow?"

I think I remember reading something about Tebow being a Nebraska/Tommie Frazier fan. I think that's why he wore #15.

I think comparing a QB to Tebow is only an insult if it's an NFL QB. I'd love it if Stanton is even close to being as productive as Tebow in college.

Kind of what I was thinking. Hard to argue that he wasn't one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time. I would love to be compared to him.

Doesn't have anything to do with how good Timmy was/is in college or the NFL. Johnny hasn't played a down of college football yet but because he's got a similar build, he's "Johnny Tebow." Let him make his own name. He's already got two things Timmy T doesn't have: a (somewhat) better throwing motion and he's not a evil lefty.

I know everyone loves them so much but Johnny's the lead part of the article on ESPN today:

Johnny Stanton, a California state champion and Nebraska-committed quarterback, regularly fights the perception that because he runs well, he can't throw the football.

Scouts and coaches and fans, in offering praise, compare Stanton to Tim Tebow. He's heardJake Locker comparisons, too.

Flattering assessments, but Stanton, who rushed for 1,528 yards and 25 touchdowns and threw for 2,439 and 13 scores as a junior at Santa Margarita Catholic, said he'd prefer none of it.

"I want to be more Johnny Stanton than anyone else," he said this week as competition progressed among the 25 quarterbacks at the five-day Elite 11 finals.