Do you like our alternate uniforms?

Uniform craze  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its a rough paint job..... but what do you guys think of this?

huskeralts12.jpg

If we had to do an alternate uniform then I would take your rendition. Nice job!

I think if we kept our normal white helmet, used your edited jersey, and then incorporated the black pants to make those who want black on the uniform happy, then I think this would be the best compromise. Any chance you could change the pants to black for all of us to see what those would look like?

As a side note, all of you with PhotoShop talent amaze me!

Change the N to the numbers and slap the skull and bones up where the numbers are.

:yeah

That would be pretty cool. Lovin the black helmet. How about a game where the the offense wears the regular traditional uni's and so does the defense but the defense just slaps on that black helmet! :bonesflag:

I personally don't like them. I agree that they look like Texas Tech. The 'N' on the front looks like something from a 'B' movie superhero set. And that tight fit makes it look like there is man-boobs, which is atrocious. I liked the all black jerseys that was tossed out there with the matte helmets, which everyone complained looked like Va Tech, Oregon, etc. I'd be happy with no changes, but change is a part of life. And if the players like it, and they're the ones that have to wear it, then so be it.

Basically, with 120 or so D-1 teams, any alternate jersey is going to look like someone else's. Even NU's traditional jerseys look like Wisconsin, Rutgers, Stanford, etc. You're just not going to get away from it completely, you're never going to make anyone completely happy, especially in Nebraska, so who gives a sh*t. Put the players in 'Under-roos'. A Spongebob Squarepants holloween costume. Play the game, win the game, and let the people that want to bitch and complain and stay at home or not watch the game do just that. I'd say the vast majority of that crowd isn't contributing a damn thing towards the game anyway.

All of you saying we should have white helmets with white accents on the jerseys are smoking something. That draw up looks HORRIBLE!!!! The ones addidas is actually making for our Wisconsin game are okay. I don't look at them and think "wow" or "great" or "yuck"... I just kind of think it's mediocre. I do think once we see them on the players we will like them more than we do now, but I think both the players and some of the younger fans would have liked to have seen an all black uniform with charcoal grey/black matted helmets like you see in the pic above with Terrence Moore.

At first I thought Addidas should have gone with black pants, but now that I look at the side profile I think the all red uniform ties the black stripes in nicely across the uniform. I really like the black helmets... I just wish we went with the bigger block "N" and not the traditional N.

I guess it's time I weigh in on this. This NEW (and I use the term loosely) uniform looks like a collaboration of Tim Burton and Mike Leech. Red and Black are the colors of Texas Tech. The Large N is reminisante of the jerseys of Wassamatta U in the old Bullwinkle cartoons. The Wicked Witch of the Wesr socks are hidieous. Finally Nebraska helmets are White with a Red N and facemasks.

PLEASE don't F#%& with tradition!!!