DE Antoine Miles [Purdue Commit]

jsneb83

One of those coaches who played against him and does a scouting report on area prospects said he was better than Pittman who is a 4 star player. The site stated he was the best rush end he faced all year.

That may be but I wonder if that's because he was just physically stronger than the guy across from him. When he gets to college that might change a little. I guess my point is that I think his best attribute is that he looks pretty strong. I like the last 2 plays of his film clip. The one play where he showed exactly the technique that Coach Kaz talked about earlier this fall. Basically came off the ball strong and head butted the guy, knocking him back a step which gave him separation and a little penetration. He then controlled the guy with his hands and got off the block. The other one was fighting off a double team down the line. I think he plays his gaps well.

One of those coaches who played against him and does a scouting report on area prospects said he was better than Pittman who is a 4 star player. The site stated he was the best rush end he faced all year.

Saw the same thing. Do in fact like this get.

Jesus, why are we competing with Cincinnati for recruits. I think I stated somewhere on the husker football board, that I don't care about stars or ranking. The most telling is offer list. It's why I'm excited about Courtney Love and Vincent Valentine (take a look at VV's offer list and that will have you thinking we landed a damn 5-star). This Antoine kid's offer list is nothing to write home about, and further his film is unimpressive. I see him making about as much impact as Josh Williams. Obviously I'd be happy to be wrong and have this kid make me eat my words but odds are he won't.

• Fire 1

Jesus, why are we competing with Cincinnati for recruits. I think I stated somewhere on the husker football board, that I don't care about stars or ranking. The most telling is offer list. It's why I'm excited about Courtney Love and Vincent Valentine (take a look at VV's offer list and that will have you thinking we landed a damn 5-star). This Antoine kid's offer list is nothing to write home about, and further his film is unimpressive. I see him making about as much impact as Josh Williams. Obviously I'd be happy to be wrong and have this kid make me eat my words but odds are he won't.

Way to welcome a new recruit. :hmmph

Because we aren't going to land 27 kids all recruited by LSU, Bama, Oregon, tOSU, Florida, Georgia, and Michigan.

You never know. Based on what da skers said above, I like this pick-up a lot.

tumblr_m9aiv2F24C1qbuptc.gif

• Fire 1

Because we aren't going to land 27 kids all recruited by LSU, Bama, Oregon, tOSU, Florida, Georgia, and Michigan.

No school is gonna get 27 4&5 stars. Some of you people must live in f'ing recruiting utopia.

• Fire 2

Way to welcome a new recruit. :hmmph

Haha wow I highly doubt he reads huskerboard and if he does, he is most welcome to make me eat my words. I don't think I'm obligated to say that he's going to be Reggie White 2.0. I'm not unrealistic and saying that literally every kid we pick up has to be a four or five star but I am saying is that I'm not going to be delusional every time we pick up a recruit and say he will be the next great [insert position here] at NU. I used to do that early in my husker watching years but years of experience has taught me to withhold the showering of praise on every recruit and proclaiming them to be the next big thing.

Antoine, if you are reading this, regardless of my baseless speculation on your potential as a football player, it is in no way an indictment of you as a person. I will think much higher of you if you ride the bench your whole career, but stay out of the police blotter and get good grades than if you were to win the Lombardi award but become a convicted felon. Welcome to Nebraska.