Blackshirts!

I'd like to think that Bo is changing this as an experiment. Handing out the Blackshirts before the season even begins to see how the defense handles themselves. Time will tell if this is a good move or not.

If the defense doesn't perform to his standard, one has to wonder whether he will take the Blackshirts away and will he make the same move next season?

You know....I never typed it out publicly, but I had a prediction in my head that Bo was going to do this. Just a feeling.

Damn this is sweet.

You can go back and find it. I really did put it out publicly that I thought this was going to happen.

Go on. Go find it. I did.

I am not Wifi, but I do approve of this message.

So..obviously this just amps up the next few days...and they look great in black.

My question is....has Bo changed his philosophy or have these guys truly convinced Bo they have earned the Blackshirt? I'm taking this, along with the release of the prank video as a sign he is truly confident of this team.

A little of both I think. He likes the players and is trying to give some motivation to the guys that can still earn them. Just because a player starts doesn't mean you get a blackshirt. Mcbride didn't automatically give a shirt just because they were a starter. They had to earn it.

Season long captains...Blackshirts before the first game...I'm starting to think this could shape up to be a really successful season.

I'm right there with you. I don't think this preseason could have gone any better. I know that I along with many other Husker fans have been waiting for Bo to make this move. Great job Bo!

Go Big Red! And Go Blackshirts!

:bonesflag:

The article says that all the ones that received the shirts are the ones that stepped up and had shown leadership through the summer. I also believe that they are the ones that separated themselves from the rest of the pack and are clearly starters and also have performed well in past games. There is still going to be a good rotation on the D-Line, but Ankrah and Randle are the leaders. Banderas received a lot of hype, but he still has a ways to go before he unseats Santos. Evans is probably the best defender with Baptiste and Mitchell as the best CBs. And finally Cooper has separated himself from the other safeties in knowledge of the defense and ability to play the position. It's a good selection.

Now the 4 spots that don't have shirts will be something for the younger guys to strive for.