Student section

Apathy

For one, I can't believe that it's only 4k for tuition. I'm sending my son there for sure! I'm kind of surprised to see empty seats in the student section too. Heck, even at ASU games that aren't well attended in the dead of summer, the student section is always packed.

Its 4000 per semester. I think my total this year is around 9500 after all said and done. Still relatively cheap.

If youre from AZ, it'll cost you 19,000, 27-28k if you include room and board.

meh, I don't have much to add other than, when I was a student at UNL (early 80's) we went to every home game and stayed till the end no matter how bad of a blowout it was. Of course we were drunk at the beginning of the game, took alcohol in with us, and most importantly- our student seating was on the east side, north 20 yard line area, lower section. We had good seats. Personally, I wouldn't feel much obligation to go or stay if I was relegated to those nose bleed seats. That's not saying I wouldn't go, because I would, but I sure wouldn't feel bad about letting down any tradition. If you want that out of me as a student, you better not put me way off the field in the back rows of the stadium.

I went to the game and a major issue are the greeks. Most sorority girls are only there to be seen and leave as soon as they can, frat guys are usually more interested in drinking especially for a game like this. As soon as the homecoming king/queen were announced it was like a stampede of students leaving and no one really gives a crap about the homecoming king/queen except greeks...

• Fire 1

We really bitching about the only people in the stadium that stand up all game, get dressed like crazy, cheer and shout on every play reguardless of the score or opponent? Talking about the fact that we get lower prices? How about you pay my $4,000 tution bill and $500 In books. f#*k we should get tickets for free. We support the school financially and otherwise that majority of fans do not. Next time maybe you should bitch at the grandma yelling at you to sit down two rows above you instead of students who didn't show up to an 11 am game when there was a massive cold front which included a 25 degree change in a day. On top of that a lackluster team recently. I've been to 5 away games and I'll tell you that memorial stadium is not near as loud or intimidating as much smaller stadiums. That's not the students fault. A sellout steak with a bunch non cheering, complaining blue hairs bragging about having 50 yard line tickets because they've been in the family is as good as gone to me. How about we nut up and stop complaining about everything that can possibly be brought up.

Uh oh. I can see the reaction now.

Like C N Red said, your tuition isn't for your tickets. It is for the piece of paper you will hopefully end up with in 7 or 8 years.

And furthermore, probably for more than half of the students at NU (or any college), their mommy and daddy are the ones footing the bill anyways.

• Fire 1

We really bitching about the only people in the stadium that stand up all game, get dressed like crazy, cheer and shout on every play reguardless of the score or opponent? Talking about the fact that we get lower prices? How about you pay my $4,000 tution bill and $500 In books. f#*k we should get tickets for free. We support the school financially and otherwise that majority of fans do not. Next time maybe you should bitch at the grandma yelling at you to sit down two rows above you instead of students who didn't show up to an 11 am game when there was a massive cold front which included a 25 degree change in a day. On top of that a lackluster team recently. I've been to 5 away games and I'll tell you that memorial stadium is not near as loud or intimidating as much smaller stadiums. That's not the students fault. A sellout steak with a bunch non cheering, complaining blue hairs bragging about having 50 yard line tickets because they've been in the family is as good as gone to me. How about we nut up and stop complaining about everything that can possibly be brought up.

Like C N Red said, your tuition isn't for your tickets. It is for the piece of paper you will hopefully end up with in 7 or 8 years.

And furthermore, probably for more than half of the students at NU (or any college), their mommy and daddy are the ones footing the bill anyways.

I'm not disagreeing. Instead of just insta quoting posting, you should've read a little further down the page.

By the by, I'm graduating next spring, which makes it 4 years that I've spent in college. I'm well on my way to graduate school. So I don't know if that 7 or 8 years was a play down at my intelligence; but if it was, go eat a piece of pavement.

sh#t, we never had this happen when I was there just 3 years ago (aside from 2007 which, of course, was an entirely different story)

Thing that shocked me is that south stadium is usually the rowdiest and dumbest and loudest and all that (freshmen & sophomores! they just don't give a sh#t. I mean that in the most positive way) yet I was sitting right next to south student section and it was like going to church. I know it's an 11am game but wow.

I agree with the WSJ that getting some cell service would probably help. I know I want to text my friends about the game and check updates on twitter and scores from around the CFB world, etc. It's nothing that would ever prevent me from going to a game, but hey, time goes by, kids are different, who knows

I went to the game and a major issue are the greeks. Most sorority girls are only there to be seen and leave as soon as they can, frat guys are usually more interested in drinking especially for a game like this. As soon as the homecoming king/queen were announced it was like a stampede of students leaving and no one really gives a crap about the homecoming king/queen except greeks...

I was "greek" and I can't tell you one thing about homecoming at all, never knew anyone that ran or was in it or anything, not at all. Now, when it came to games, it all depended on the fun factor. I went and stayed if it was a blast, I did not go at all if I was doing something else that was fun and could watch it on TV.

I'm not disagreeing. Instead of just insta quoting posting, you should've read a little further down the page.

By the by, I'm graduating next spring, which makes it 4 years that I've spent in college. I'm well on my way to graduate school. So I don't know if that 7 or 8 years was a play down at my intelligence; but if it was, go eat a piece of pavement.

Ha, my bad. I was thinking that I was quoting Blackshirts007 with that one. Sorry bout that

I hated the Student Section when I was a student at UNL from 2007-2011. The view was bad, the rows were packed too tight, too many sorority girls (while enjoyable to look at...) taking up space and not caring about the game, people obscenely drunk sometimes puking... Not that fun of an experience.