All Eyes Are On Texas - - Bring Them On!

I don't care if we play Texas, Alabama, or Mother Mary's School for the Unathletic, I just want 60 minutes of solid football.

Would this fall under the "unrealistic expectations" that have been bandied about on this board? Even little old spoiled me can temper it down to only 45 minutes....considering we have not been treated to more than 30 minutes in any game all season.

• Fire 1

4. This is one of the best rivalries in college football. Both teams despise each other on every level. Can’t get better.

how is this a rivalry? yes, we hate them. but they pretty much owned us in the big 12.

A matchup is not a rivalry simply because it becomes one-sided at some point. This is a rivalry. We both LOVE trying to beat each other.

That's a load of B.S. Texas doesn't give a crap about Nebraska.

I don't believe that one bit. They want to beat Nebraska very badly, Nebraska just has something to prove. So yes we do care more, but to say Texas wouldn't love to beat Nebraska is just ignorant.

4. This is one of the best rivalries in college football. Both teams despise each other on every level. Can’t get better.

how is this a rivalry? yes, we hate them. but they pretty much owned us in the big 12.

A matchup is not a rivalry simply because it becomes one-sided at some point. This is a rivalry. We both LOVE trying to beat each other.

That's a load of B.S. Texas doesn't give a crap about Nebraska.

I don't believe that one bit. They want to beat Nebraska very badly, Nebraska just has something to prove. So yes we do care more, but to say Texas wouldn't love to beat Nebraska is just ignorant.

Did I say they wouldn't want to beat us if they were playing us? No. Teams like to win games. But to say they would prefer to beat us over beating any other major conference team is wrong, imho. What have we ever done to make them care more about beating us than beating any other team? I can't think of a single thing. All we've done is lose to them. It could be that maybe a couple of their coaches care that we left their conference, but their players don't have any reason to give a crap.

A matchup is not a rivalry simply because it becomes one-sided at some point. This is a rivalry. We both LOVE trying to beat each other. There is extra intensity in these games. If this isn't a rivalry, then nothing is.

P.S. I became a Husker 26 years ago when I first attended the university. Have found it humorous during that entire time how legions of Husker fans have done their darnest to slap down any suggestion that any game against any team other than OU is a rivalry. Totally ridiculous.

We're Texas' bitch. There is extra animosity on our side because they own us, but we're just another team they laugh at.

The same way that we laughed at Colorado and Missouri and K-State and Kansas and etc.

Yep the fricken Longhorns had our number, it all began in the 1996 game and we never really got on top of them. And what was really bad about that is that we had better teams, seemed to me they wanted win more then we did when we played them.

A matchup is not a rivalry simply because it becomes one-sided at some point. This is a rivalry. We both LOVE trying to beat each other. There is extra intensity in these games. If this isn't a rivalry, then nothing is.

P.S. I became a Husker 26 years ago when I first attended the university. Have found it humorous during that entire time how legions of Husker fans have done their darnest to slap down any suggestion that any game against any team other than OU is a rivalry. Totally ridiculous.

We're Texas' bitch. There is extra animosity on our side because they own us, but we're just another team they laugh at.

The same way that we laughed at Colorado and Missouri and K-State and Kansas and etc.

It feels that way yeah. But there are two, and only two, scenarios to a NU/Texass Bowl game....

1) Huskers win, and the offseason just got a lot more bearable.

2) Huskers lose, and the offseason just turned into something south of hell.

• Fire 2

Is there a stone somewhere that our "rival" shall be etched into? How bout, the NU program (players, fans, coaches, cheerleaders) act like every week is a rivalry game? Give all, leave nothing. A win over Texas means no more than a win over LSU (assuming LSU=Texas).

Go to the best bowl possible, and beat the best team possible. The fact NU fans are "looking" for rivals means that we don't have one. It is us against the world and we should act like there is something to prove every single time the ball is snapped. "Kill 'em all. Let the paramedics sort 'em out."

I think Alabama would be a great rivalry :)

Ok first of all playing Texas in a bowl would not be a revenge game. 2. they have our number no matter how terrible their team is and how good ours is. 3. we failed our revenge game and most of the current players don't care about getting revenge and they would care about more finishing this season with a bowl win. 5. i'm glad you didn't say this game was in the bag like the MSU games because we know how that turned out.