NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

IMO things could be much worse than facing Georgia in the Gator. I'm not extremely fond of the rematch but it will give us an opportunity for a quality win. Let's look at the possibilities-

We get blown out- at least it would be at the hands of a respected sec team and not to some lesser opponent.

We lose- See above.

We win- We beat an sec team in sec country. Can't see a downside to that.

Now consider those same scenarios with the opponent being KSU, Wash St., or LSU. Then only difference I see would be, if we beat LSU it could be viewed as a much greater victory, but does anyone really think that would be a probable outcome?

I, like some others, definitely would've preferred a matchup with Texass, but we didn't get it. If we want to begin repairing our national perception, Georgia would be a good starting point. And let's be honest, if we're going to lose, does it really matter?

I agree with everything you said man except LSU. I think LSU or Georgia is a good draw relative to KSU and Washington State.

We are in agreement. I just think LSU would present too high of a hill to climb for this team at this time. But I still would've preferred LSU to some nobody that some people might view as an easier or must win opponent. I don't think there are any bowl eligible teams we can rationally think would be sure victories.

Gator Bowl don't care who fills the seats they know it's close enough to be a GA home game so they don't care if we show up or not....bottom line is our current administration and/ or brand status are not a factor to the decision makers this time of year. After giving away the game vs Michigan State and getting housed by Iowa at home, guess what? You end up as left overs in the pecking order, and that is where the results of the process put the huskers this bowl season. So don't think Bo said lets go to Florida, he ended up there because he got passed over by the bowl in an area full of our fan base. FACT Lucky that B1G got 2 in the BCS to give us all a nicer split of a larger pie, otherwise this trip would most likely be on the negative side of the balance sheet too........so give them a nice (non contact) vacation in Florida and hope they can survive, because Bo is not going to change his process........more of the same to come.

are the people who are predicting us to win honestly thinking we will win, or do we need to call a medic because they are about to od on kool-aid?

Dude, it's hard to OD when you are dreaming about beating an 8-4 team. Yeah, they have the upper hand, but they are hardly unbeatable.

Well, considering we have not beat a team with 8 wins this year....

Murray done for the year. Marshall done for the year. Gurley back and 100%. They will run, run, run. Our run D needs to be ready. Jam the receivers at the line and knock them off their routes.

Their losses include the following:

Clemson

Vandy

Auburn

Mizzou

Other than Vandy, all top 10 teams, with star players out.............

Eecked out wins against UF and UT.

We need to jump on them quick and put the foot to the gas. They are probably less enthused than NU to be their. Their season went off track quickly.

I am hoping that with almost a month to prepare we get a game plan together that will actually accomplish a complete 4 quarters of play, include a punt return of some description and copy Auburns game plan.

It really comes down to which QB we have ready. Would like to have Martinez back. His quicks could really hurt them. TA better than RKIII IMO. They lost to a good passing team in Mizzou and a good running team in Auburn. We have no QB close to Mizzou (or receivers). Run the ball, win the game.

Mason (QB) has played in 2 games and looked very good passing. Led a good comeback against GT. Went into 2OT. Pressure, pressure, pressure. He appears to good to allow him to sit back in the pocket. We will be the best D he has seen hands down in his two starts. Bo needs to earn his pay and create something just for this game ala the "spinner" or the stand up DL against MSU.

We have a chance, they are down and injured to a degree. We have a D that is truly getting better and our O has faced some punishing D as well. Injuries on both sides could be the difference.

To add to the nay sayers,

This isn't last years UGA by a long shot. The same team we took into the 4th quarter and almost beat before the AA fumble. I like to think our D is much better than this time last year. Our O is in shambles, but a month to heal should help.

Wish it would have been KSU. Would have been nice to play a game in prime time. Another 11am game against and a rematch at that. I think I might just go to work new years day and DVR the game.

I don't disagree, but didn't I see that the KSU game is 9:00 central time....no one will be awake on the East coast and the game will go past midnight here..... not a great time slot either... I may be wrong... maybe it is 8 pm central ??