2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

The recruits will hopefully be there on officials and see them in person in the locker rooms, and probably put some on when they visit even if it's a different week. And it's not like Adidas doesn't put out several videos and images showcasing the intricacies of the designs.

Yeah, for the 3-4 recruits that are here. The other however many will (hopefully) be watching on TV.

it's amazing that so many people here complain about the alternate unis once a year, and then follow it up with some nonsense like "we have a lot more important things to worry about". i assume these "more important" things include putting a conference or maybe even national title contending team on the field. guess what guys, those things aren't mutually exclusive. as much as you may not like it, high school kids that we want to play for nebraska one day really like the flashy new unis, and that trend isn't going to change any time soon.

you can laugh at oregon and their ridiculous uniforms all you want (i do it sometimes), but the fact is that they win, and they win because they get top level talent. it isn't like it has always been that way. anybody here know the first time they won 10 games in a season? 2000-2001. like it or not, tradition doesn't mean nearly as much to today's generation of players as it used to. they care much more about how they look on tv. for the record, i though that our unis against wisconsin looked horrible, but my opinion isn't the one that matters. what matters is the opinions of the players and the recruits, who for whatever reason seemed to like them.

i'm not saying we should be like oregon and do this all the time, but i am saying that whether you like it or not you are going to have to put up with it once a year. well, if you want to keep getting anything resembling a good recruiting class you will. as much as i hate to admit it, this isn't the 90s anymore. we are no longer a premiere destination for recruits. lincoln is nowhere near a beach, it's cold, and the co-eds have NOTHING on SEC schools (and i doubt we pay nearly as well). we have to have some sort of attraction to get them interested in visiting. i like our chances with any recruit we can convince to give us an OV, because we have things nobody else can offer; but we do have to get them here. if that means wearing a uniform once a year that the fans hate, so be it. you may hate the uniforms, but i bet you hate losing more. i know i do.

What do y'all think about this helmet?!?!

I'm sorry, but that helmet is sick! I would sign on for that. Might be cool with a black skull and cross bones on the other side acknowledging the black shirts.

Erin Sorensen@erinsorensen 24m

NO MATTE. RT @tamattes: I WANT A UNIFORM WITH THIS HELMET. If we're going to go alternate uniforms, let's do this. pic.twitter.com/CTRO3ajUvh

Bd-KfdCCcAAllTx.jpg

NO MATTE. RT @tamattes: I WANT A UNIFORM WITH THIS HELMET. If we're going to go alternate uniforms, let's do this. pic.twitter.com/CTRO3ajUvh

Bd-KfdCCcAAllTx.jpg

I could definitely get on board with something like this. I have always felt the matte finish to helmets adds a little something extra. That helmet is pretty sweet if you ask me.

Bd-KfdCCcAAllTx.jpg

I said that had we matte black helmets with the red 'N' on them, our alternate unis for this year would have been a hell of a lot better than they were.

Don't know why Adidas is afraid to embrace matte finish, though.

Bd-KfdCCcAAllTx.jpg

I said that had we matte black helmets with the red 'N' on them, our alternate unis for this year would have been a hell of a lot better than they were.

Don't know why Adidas is afraid to embrace matte finish, though.

Our helmets for those unis were matte finish, they were just white so it wasn't as obvious.