***2016 Recruiting***

Found this really interesting of 247's article on Millers commitment

“It’s a defensive end role where you can have your hand in the dirt,” he said. “It’s a hybrid, outside linebacker-defensive end kind of thing."

To my football knowledge this means he will be the strong side backer in a four three where a linbacker comes up on to the line, usually opposite the tight end or strong side of the opponents line.

The other interesting possibility i read in this is a possible long term move to the 3-4.

But Banker as far as i know has no history with the 3-4.

What are your guys thoughts?

I mentioned 3 or 4 months ago that some of the comments by recruits and the numbers the staff wanted at lb and dl made it look like the change could happen. It was mentioned that this staff has no history with 3-4, however this staff just moved to a new zip code and change would be easier now.....

I think Dallas has been using a 3-4 style of defense for awhile now.

No Dallas doesn't use a 3-4. They did under Parcells & Phillips though. They switched out of it DeMarcus Ware's last season in Dallas I believe.

Stewart is very familiar with the 3-4 though. He was the D-Coord in Dallas with Phillips.

Still though, our DB guy isn't the d-coordinator so it would really make sense for us to switch to it under his direction. You never know though, it's hard to recruit guys to play those line spots because most don't see the glory in it. Space eaters that rarely get opportunities to make the big plays.

I kinda assume we are giving up on Fant. Think we wanted him as a DE more so than TE and we got Miller, isn't there another TE we are kinda after or are we done there since we have Stoll?

Hate to go back down this road,but man, GOAT is really going to feel like a fool in a couple weeks, well he should already... But...
I hope you're right -- there's nothing i'd like more than to be proven wrong -- but you do realize that the only way that happens is if we finish in the Top 20, right?

I kinda assume we are giving up on Fant. Think we wanted him as a DE more so than TE and we got Miller, isn't there another TE we are kinda after or are we done there since we have Stoll?

Hate to go back down this road,but man, GOAT is really going to feel like a fool in a couple weeks, well he should already... But...
I hope you're right -- there's nothing i'd like more than to be proven wrong -- but you do realize that the only way that happens is if we finish in the Top 20, right?

No, because you said closer to 40 than 15. Just stop hoping we don't land recruits and people will stop hating you.

I've never said anything even remotely close to that (hoping we don't land recruits). In fact I expressed my pleasure and excitement when both of our last two commits were landed. Once again you're attempting to twist my words to fit your agenda.

I also said I won't be happy with anything outside the Top 20. Finishing outside the Top 20 sucks and wouldn't make me feel like a fool at all.

I've never said anything even remotely close to that (hoping we don't land recruits). In fact I expressed my pleasure and excitement when both of our last two commits were landed. Once again you're attempting to twist my words to fit your agenda.

I also said I won't be happy with anything outside the Top 20. Finishing outside the Top 20 sucks and wouldn't make me feel like a fool at all.

But you see how easy it is for other posters to gain that perception of your words, right?

• Fire 1

Not if they know how to comprehend standard English, no, I don't. It's pretty cut and dry. I predicted we'd finish closer to #40 than #15 (which was what I was repeatedly assured of.) There's a big difference between that and hoping we don't land recruits. Heck, I want to finish as high as possible. I just don't think this staff has the ability. I hope they prove me wrong. But barely cracking the Top 25 is nothing to be happy or satisfied with -- it's still unacceptable, in my opinion -- and I certainly won't feel any differently if that's where we land.

Not at all. It's just that I usually have a more realistic view than others, not all sunshine and unicorns, and because of that, they often rally against me. Then, when I'm right, they pull the "Oh, you just wanted to rub it in our faces" card while at the same time they complain and rant about exactly what I said was going to happen to begin with.

Not at all. It's just that I usually have a more realistic view than others, not all sunshine and unicorns, and because of that, they often rally against me. Then, when I'm right, they pull the "Oh, you just wanted to rub it in our faces" card while at the same time they complain and rant about exactly what I said was going to happen to begin with.

A lot of people confuse their negativity for being realistic. You're doing it now. This is the staff's first full recruiting effort at Nebraska. How the hell do you know what they're capable of, and whats realistic?
  • Fire 3