***2016 Recruiting***

Was curious about how much the early commits within the top 250 correlate to geographic region that the recruits are in, here is what I found for the B1G.

OSU - 4/7 are from OH

PSU - 5/6 are from PA, NY, MD

MSU - 3/4 are from OH, MI

MD - 2/2 are from MD

Mich - 0/2 are from MI, but are from IN, IL

Huskers - 1/1 from IA

Minn - 0/1

Northwestern - 0/1

Wisconsin - 0/1

And Just looking at the schools with the most Rivals Top 250,

Clemson - 3/5 from NC, SC other 2 from FL

Fl State - 6/7 from FL

Georgia - 5/7 from GA

LSU - 5/8 from LA

Miami - 5/5 from FL

Miss - 3/5 from MS also GA and LA

Stanford - 3/6 from CA

UCLA - 6/6 from CA

USC - 4/6 from CA

No surprise but early committals are so geographic its crazy, and with the recruiting timeline being moved up seemingly every year it definitely doesn't favor us in that aspect!!

Bingo. Having that kind of talent in your backyard lends itself to fast recruiting starts.

That's pretty insane. Is it a good class?

I know we have some Canes fans here who are pretty frustrated with Al Golden. That's kinda understandable. But they also seem to be recruiting the hell out of this class. So if those Canes fans really feel Golden needs to beat Nebraska this year or bust, I may have some bad news for them...maybe they should reconsider?

That's pretty insane. Is it a good class?

I know we have some Canes fans here who are pretty frustrated with Al Golden. That's kinda understandable. But they also seem to be recruiting the hell out of this class. So if those Canes fans really feel Golden needs to beat Nebraska this year or bust, I may have some bad news for them...maybe they should reconsider?

Miami has recruited like that for awhile and still are mediocre

I'm really impressed with the LB's we are in on and the WR's we are in on. I am concerned that we haven't heard more rumblings with some of the other positions. Langsdorf did his job and just has to keep a relationship with Wilson & O'Brien now. Keith Williams is working very hard and really hitting the trail with the wideouts. I think we will land some big fish. There are just too many guys who like Williams to not land some. Plus with our QB's coming in we have a solid pitch to them. Cavanaugh has been a pleasant surprise to me. He has been a really good recruiter and seems to be connecting well to players and seems to be making some top 10's of big time guys' lists. But I don't hear hardly anything about Hank Hughes or Mark Banker. My concern is that we are going to be downgrading our D-Line talent with their lack of connection to kids. Kaz and Bo connected well, I don't see Hughes doing that as well. RB I think we will be fine because kids will like, respect, relate to, and want to play for and with Reggie Davis. I am really surprised the rumblings about Brian Stewart have been so quiet. We haven't heard much talk about him at all. I see a lot of DB offers out but I don't hear a lot from the major prospects.

• Fire 1

Pretty crazy week. Three Husker targets who were committed elsewhere decommitted. Of course, we might not be that far away from a decommittment or two ourselves. The skill spots are filling in nicely. Really need to do some work in the trenches.

Priority:
OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles
DT - Bledsoe could end up at DT but other than that we don't seem to have a lot of interest right now.
DE - Have to think we're in good shape with Fant and Stille. Still go after one of the top guys.
LB - Definitely a position of need but with Johnson on board and high interest from Domann, Alexander and Simmons, we could fill up quickly.
WR - Pittman is interested but I'm not sure where we're at past him.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 2 - TERRY WILSON, PATRICK O'BRIEN
RB - 1 - APHONSO THOMAS
WR - 2-3 - Roddrick Bryant, Tino Ellis, CJ Riley, Clyde Leflore-Chriss, Steven Smothers, Michael Pittman
TE - 2 - JARED BUBAK, Jack Stoll, Ryan Becker
OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Tevin Jenkins, Tremayne Anchrum, Cole Van Linen
OG/C - 2-3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, Boe Wilson

DT - 2-3 - Amani Bledsoe
DE - 2-3 - Xavier Kelly, Noah Fant, Ben Stille, Mykelle McDaniel
LB - 3-5 - WILLIAM JOHNSON (JUCO), JoJo Domann, Pernell Jefferson, Dontavious Jackson, Nehemiah Augustus, Quayshon Alexander, Ja'Quain Blakely, Greg Simmons
CB - 2-3 - Kentrell Love, Marcus Garvin, Jarett Cole
S - 2-3 - Eric Burrell, Marquel Dismuke, Isaiah Simmons

• Fire 2

So.....correct me if I'm wrong. We have had three players decommit from major home state schools with predictions towards us.

WR Pittman Stars 4,3,4,4 UCLA decommit

S Dismuke Stars 4,3,4,4 Cal decommit

LB Simmons Stars 3,3,3,3 Miami decommit

Impressive. Now, let's hope the predictions come through.

• Fire 2

So.....correct me if I'm wrong. We have had three players decommit from major home state schools with predictions towards us.

WR Pittman Stars 4,3,4,4 UCLA decommit

S Dismuke Stars 4,3,4,4 Cal decommit

LB Simmons Stars 3,3,3,3 Miami decommit

Impressive. Now, let's hope the predictions come through.

I think Simmons is a lock, and I feel good about Dismuke.

I think Pittman ends up at Oregon, but I could be wrong. This will be interesting as Nebraska is on shaky ground with two of our own commits, Bubak and Brokop.

Amazing what can happen when you recruit all year and actually give a sh#t about it.

I'm optimistic but will reserve judgment.

We need a lot of work in the trenches. If I am reading this correctly, Riley's staff has not secured a single lineman on either side of the ball? Time to get to work there.

Amazing what can happen when you recruit all year and actually give a sh#t about it.

I'm optimistic but will reserve judgment.

We need a lot of work in the trenches. If I am reading this correctly, Riley's staff has not secured a single lineman on either side of the ball? Time to get to work there.

Not for 2016. They did get Jalin from OK for the class that just signed.