Miami

okaive

Missed the Cane game. Was drafting a fantasy team and had a Breaking Bad season 2 marathon on Netfilx. Dkesnt sound like I missed much.

So the consensus is we handle them fairly easily? Good to hear. Got another huge beatdown this weekend and a potential home field embarassment in Fresno. I hope we keep up the slaughters through non con. Keep striking fear into all our opponents before we play em. Love it.

Still though, Miami isnt a pushover Im sure. Gotta keep this killer mentality up and roll over them.

Unless something drastically changes, their offense isn't something to be afraid of. They have a really good running back, but the o-line didn't seem to be very good and neither is the QB if you get pressure on him early (he had very happy feet numerous times in the second half, even if there was no pressure).

I think their defense could give us some trouble, so that might be a good test for this team going into conference play.

Things very easily could change drastically for their offense. I'm not marking this up as an easy game just yet. RedDenver spelled it out pretty well in post #18.

If Miami gets solid QB play by week 4 (which they should returning Olsen and possibly Williams) then it will be a pretty tough game. Miami can be an explosive pass offense with a top tier running game when they get healthy. Very athletic on defense. That defense got put in too many bad positions last night too overcome. Secondary is the strength of their defense and will probably try to match up with us on the perimeter while getting a extra hat in the box. It will be important for our WR to win 1 on 1 battles and make them feel threatened by our pass game. If that happens then AA will run wild. Perryman is a freak. I enjoy watching him play. I expect us to beat Miami, but watching their offense last night reminded me of our offense vs. Iowa last year. They were not able to utilize all of their playmakers on offense.

Missed the Cane game. Was drafting a fantasy team and had a Breaking Bad season 2 marathon on Netfilx. Dkesnt sound like I missed much.

So the consensus is we handle them fairly easily? Good to hear. Got another huge beatdown this weekend and a potential home field embarassment in Fresno. I hope we keep up the slaughters through non con. Keep striking fear into all our opponents before we play em. Love it.

Still though, Miami isnt a pushover Im sure. Gotta keep this killer mentality up and roll over them.

Unless something drastically changes, their offense isn't something to be afraid of. They have a really good running back, but the o-line didn't seem to be very good and neither is the QB if you get pressure on him early (he had very happy feet numerous times in the second half, even if there was no pressure).

I think their defense could give us some trouble, so that might be a good test for this team going into conference play.

Things very easily could change drastically for their offense. I'm not marking this up as an easy game just yet. RedDenver spelled it out pretty well in post #18.

Indeed, but historically, Bo Pelini defenses are pretty good going against pro style teams. It will definitely be the toughest game in the non-conference schedule, and Huskers will have to come to play.

What I saw:

1. Louisville dominated on both fronts in the run game. Miami's offensive line got no push and Duke Johnson (95 yards on 21 carries) had to do everything by himself.

2. Miami's D line looked better against the pass (sacked Will Gardner four times).

3. Louisville kept hitting the exact same underneath route over and over again. Westerkamp could have that all night (though those long vertical passes could be trouble, Miami's secondary is too fast to get beaten on those too many times like FAU's did).

4. Brad Kaaya probably will not be Miami's QB when they come to Lincoln . . .

5. . . . but they still have a pair of REALLY good wide receivers. If they have a QB capable of getting them the ball consistently they'll be dangerous.

6. Key stat for Miami: 1 of 13 on 3rd downs. Average 3rd down distance: 8.46 yard (skewed upward slightly by a late 3rd and 23 and a 3rd and 19)

Miami defense looks salty and could save their bacon if our offense doesn't beat them up. Special teams were good, set up decent returns.

Their offense, though...looks lost. Poor O-Line play, stupid penalties/mistakes (including the ineligible receiver call, which was correct), no running game to speak of, and their current QB situation is tenuous at best.

Could be close for a half, but we should be able to blow things open after their defense gets winded...provided we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

post-12455-0-93074600-1409672519_thumb.jpg
  • Fire 1

I watched the whole game and it could have been a lot closer of a game if not for a few plays.

1. Miami had an illegal man downfield penalty that brought back a duke johnson 30+ yd reception to the louisville 3 yd line.

2. On another drive miami fumbled on the louisville 4 yd line and louisville recovered it.

3. Miami's QB threw a pick i think in the 3rd quarter and if he would have thrown a halfway decent pass it would have been 6. The WR was behind the entire louisville defense. That Miami QB's head was swimming the entire game.