*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Think we're all being a little dramatic today. If you want to recruit the best, you're going to miss a bunch of them while ending up close. Nebraska also won some of these battles and have made other schools green with envy as a result. They'll win some more in the remaining month.

No doubt things could have gone better, but this will literally always be true. Shying away from this kind of recruiting to mitigate disappointment is a losing strategy. NU can and will pick up next targets down the list, which always would have been true whether they gunned for Foster Sarrell, etc or not.

what schools might that have been? couldn't have been anybody in the top 15

Yeah, but the class isn't over yet. I understand these are tough losses, but there will be more of them in the future -- as well as more wins (we hope).

The nature of recruiting is such that every class will have a certain top potential, and most of them are going to fall short. Some of them quite short.

Keep that ceiling high, though, and sometimes we're going to get closer.

Shots fired. But really though we had a good shot at Darnay so I can see how someone could believe that Darnay would have been a potential commit. For this kid I'd say our chances are as good as any but if he is the true back up then we need to put the full court press on him. Exchange the cookie for a cheesecake and pick him up in a Lamborghini.

Edit-Well back up wide receiver that is.

If we want to beat Wisconsin and Iowa on a routine basis and compete and be able to be in a position to beat Ohio State and Michigan, we HAVE to be getting the Foster Sarell's and Darnay Holmes. I like being on the table, but let's not pretend it makes a lick of a difference unless we actually get them.

• Fire 3

If we want to beat Wisconsin and Iowa on a routine basis and compete and be able to be in a position to beat Ohio State and Michigan, we HAVE to be getting the Foster Sarell's and Darnay Holmes. I like being on the table, but let's not pretend it makes a lick of a difference unless we actually get them.

Yeah, 0/0 would actually be better than 0/4 because everyone wouldn't feel so sad.

Yeah, 0/0 would actually be better than 0/4 because everyone wouldn't feel so sad.

0/0 means we aren't in on anyone, that's bad. But we cannot keep playing third fiddle to the heavies less than a month before signing day. This is how we end up falling in the rankings.

If this class ends up worse than a Bo class...it is a problem

If this class ends up in the same "bracket" as the Beavers class...it is a problem

This is not rocket surgery or brain science.

We hire a proven coach to do a proven job. If that coach is doing worse/same as the old coach...that is a problem. If that coach is doing worse/same as the new coach at his old gig, which we were told was located in Kosovo and had a solo-flex as a weight room...that is a problem.

Riley was hired to win more and recruit better. Period.

• Fire 3

I'm not a big recruiting follower, but it kind of made me throw up in my mouth a little to see a 4* running back announce his intention to sign with Arizona State today....ASU!!! Ugh......

It shouldn't. ASU has always recruited pretty well, just like UCLA.
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***