Something's Rotten in the State of Nebraska.

NUpolo8

NuPolo, great post. I spent a lot of time the last few hours reading opinions all over this board. I must admit that folks have swayed me to believe that bad things are ahead. I have to admit that there has been only one constant in the seven years under Bo, and that's inconsistency. Great coaches infect their players with a great attitude. I don't hate Bo. In fact, I have been pulling hard for him this year. However, after today, even I have to admit that Bo has failed to impart a fighting spirit into his teams. It's usually Bo, then the team. They are never one. I don't know why Bo can't inject these guys with enthusiasm, but he can't. The reality is that this team will sputter. I was foolish to think that Bo had turned the corner. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Bo's done this for 7 years. Why was I foolish enough to expect a new result?

The roller coaster that is your fandom exhausts me. Find a middle ground and hang there for a while. Your heart will thank you.

While I agree with largely everything you stated in the original post, I think it's too early to have this discussion. After last week I was tempering expectations from all the kool-aid drinkers around me that is was one game. I'm going to advocate that same position here; however with one caveat, this falls in the same pattern we've seen under Bo Pelini: extreme highs followed by flat play/epic lows.

We are two games into a season, so this could be the writing on the wall game or the scare we need to take the weaker Big 10 by storm. There is enough talent on the roster to compete with anyone on the schedule. Conversely, there's enough historical inconsistencies that it's easy to feel like we are looking down the barrel of a painful season. So before we go full retard on the defend Bo or Fire Bo soap boxes, I'd advocate the wait and see approach. I mean, as painful/upset I was the majority of yesterday. Ameer's TD at the end gave me reason to scream in excitement and jump out of my seat like a crazy person. That's far more enjoyable than speculating the potential demise of the season and a list of potential replacements.

It's not a matter of it being "too early" for the discussion, it's been an unending one for about three years now. And it's not going away until crap like Saturday stops happening and new hardware is in the trophy case, or we are starting over with a new HC.I

Trust me friend, I'm aware it's been an on going conversation; you can't read Husker Board and not know this. My point was that this conversation is trivial at this point. The race is on and there is no sense arguing over potentially switching jockeys following the conclusion of said race. Especially when the results are far from a forgone conclusion. My pitchfork is plenty sharp and rests in a glass case next to my TV. There were times last year I was ready to break into it and demand a complete overhaul. That overhaul never came, so in the meantime, I'm going to sit back and hope something clicks with the staff and we win out. Objectively, I don't think that's going to be the outcome of the season, but I don't think hashing a debate, one which will be hashed at nauseam in two short months will solve anything. I know it will most certainly detract of my enjoyment of the race. Then again, I am a degenerate gambler, so false hope and cheering for a loser comes naturally.

Beck still sucks, and yes I know Bo hired him and gave him a raise, but it's easier to find an OC than a HC...

Remember when people were worried about Watson taking another job after the '08 season?? Someone posted something earlier about being worried Beck would get hired by someone else soon and I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself.

Beck still sucks, and yes I know Bo hired him and gave him a raise, but it's easier to find an OC than a HC...

Remember when people were worried about Watson taking another job after the '08 season?? Someone posted something earlier about being worried Beck would get hired by someone else soon and I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself.

Funniest thing I've read this morning...

I reserve my thoughts until Fresno result. If this game will be a close contest, ala McNesse, or even god forbid upset against terrible Bulldogs, then nailed it, NUpolo8. 4 losses with competitive tussles per year was okay I suppose but lopsided scores in national prime time? ....... unacceptable. Plus Bo's embarrassing antics both on and off the field.

However, I will support my team

I think Bo handled yesterday pretty good. He was not happy about the game in any way. He took the blame and said it was his problem first. That is a tremendous improvement from what I expected.

It needs to be just a blip on the radar. Need to move past this this coming weekend. My guess is teams of lessor supposed value will have their full attention. I have guessed that before though. This team is not good enough to take anyone for granted. Most teams are not. Talent is spread over the landscape. They had a bunch of division 1 athletes on the field yesterday. Kids that went there for one reason, to be on a National Championship team. We saw a team yesterday, teams like what Bill Snyder puts on the field. Well coached, made adjustments, and learned from their mistakes. This is what needs to happen here.

I did not think we were as good as we looked last weekend, and I do not think we are as bad we looked yesterday.

Tommy has ability, but his passing skills really have not improved, He locks on receivers and makes things way tougher for himself. He had to overcome some injuries to his WR's and I would assume that is lot tougher than any of us think. Timing different for him and totally new and under pressure the new ones.

I am staying positive until after the Michigan State game. It will be the first real game against a real national level team.

IDK -- I just feel like Bo is telling fans what they want to hear. He's a pacifier.

Every year it's the same thing. Last year it was Wyoming, and afterwards people were saying, "Wyoming's a good team, they will probably win their conference..." and we saw how that turned out. Then we got smacked down at home by UCLA, and people were saying how UCLA was a national title contender... and we saw how that turned out. Tired of seeing us get outmuscled and out coached by inferior teams year-in and year-out. There's obviously a problem with getting the team properly prepared and fired up, ready to play.

• Fire 1