****** What did we learn - Wisky Edition ******

It was all a sham.

I learned that I, as a reasonable man and fan, am done with this sh#t. Turned off a game for the first time in my life. Either heads are rolling or I'm getting out my pitch fork. Everyone but Fisher and Brown needs to go on offense. Els and Papuchis need to take a hike, we can keep Els in a recruiting format but he needs to stay the f#*k away from coaching, there's been no improvement except for natural talent at backers. And really what does Papuchis do other than take a salary and signal in plays?

1 - 9-4 here we come, pick two of the last three for losses, Minn, Iowa, and the bowl game.

Woah, let's not get too optimistic!

2 - Any remaining Bo Backers should look into taking a drug test.

Will there be samples offered and can it be multiple choice? Frankly, I'm good with the drugs. I think this Kool-Aid I've been drinking has also done something to my liver.

3 - The staff needs to be fired. All of them.

Yeah, they do. These guys just aren't even coming close to getting it done.

4 - Once again with games left to be played, the season is effectively over. Wisconsin would have to lose their last two, vs Iowa and Minn. So all we are doing now is playing for bowl position. The same as every other mid to bottom feeder in the country.

Don't forget, Ameer's Heisman candidacy is done, too. Can't be that great if your DC treats you like a government mule.

5 - This is a very, very poorly coached team. When you can't stop a play that would be installed in a high school offense.....

That's not the worst part. No, the worst part was knowing for over 2 weeks that Wisconsin was going to run the same set of plays with the same guy over and over again and still not being able to do much about it.

6 - Armstrong is not a good QB. 6-18 62 yards, 1TD 1INT. And 17 rushing. 5 more QBs on the roster. Pick one. Can't be worse.

If I recall, the last blowout handed to us by Wisconsin was summed up by the gameplan of, "Let's just wait until Martinez throws us the ball because we know he will several times like he has in every single game he's played."

7 -If fans really want a change, speak with your wallet. Do not go to games, do not buy merchandise, do not make donations. But this fan base has too much in common with the Cubs. People will keep dropping money in and not make the top dogs worry about producing a championship level program. Insanity is continuing to do the same action and expecting different results. 7 years in, and we have the exact same issues we had in year 1. Hell the defense has the same issues it had in 2003. Without half the defense being NFL starters, Pelini's system is lousy.

First of all, how'd you know I was a Cubs fan?

Second of all, we shouldn't have to go through all of this to get the needed changes made.

And turdly, I really though Bo would grow and develop into a better coach but he isn't surrounding himself with better people. It's the same mistakes over and over again. We need angry Bo back and we need him to get rid of those who are not getting the job done. I like Bo, but he is not making the choices a good head coach needs to make for the sake of the team.

First, congratulations to Wisconsin. They basically have taken our identity and shoved it down out throat. Heck, today they even look like they stole our uniforms. They have a great OL and RB's. Their coaches adjusted to our hot start and whipped us. Their defense is also fun to watch...they get after it with multiple guys making plays. They should be in the Big 10 CCG and will see if they can give the east a tough game and I think they can.

On our side...

1) It is time to take out the garbage. I think JP has to go at the very least. We have been blown out too many times. We knew they were going to run and we still had no answer. EMBARRASSING.

2) The tackling is and has been for a long time...atrocious. Nate Gerry was disastrous today and I would have sat his ass on the bench. Trying to shoulder bump a player near the sideline? Getting sucked into bad angles every drive. And the one run he let Gordon rip off about 40 yards before he even tried to get his hand on him. Cooper too whiffed by not using his arms. These guys don't arm tackle or run through the ball carrier. Tackling is fundamental to a good defense and we haven't done it well in a long time. JP must be gone.

3) TA got exposed as not a very good QB. He just can't pass and he is not a very good runner against better opponents. He has to take a long look at himself. We really need someone else to start stepping up at QB if this kid will not. Fyfe? Stanton? Or we better get a solid recruit or transfer in here fast. Not sure TA is our QB of the future.

4) Really surprised AA played very poorly today. Great most games but putting it on the ground in huge games and not pass protecting. Ugly.

5) Where were the LB's and secondary on the long runs? Just no heart or pride and sad.

6) This should not have happened. I had Wisconsin winning in a close one but this should have been a very competitive game. Basically without the Wisconsin turnovers we may not even score 10 points. Kudos for getting the turnovers. That was the only bright spot that we caused some fumbles.

7) Our OL sucks. I am tired of all the false starts to start drives, tired of the nepotism, tired of the crap blocking. Coaching or players?...not sure so I am OK cleaning that entire house. The risk is very low. Start fresh with the OL.

So, a "wait and see" kind of guy. Always have been. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to fix mistakes. But after today, I'm done. There's only so much tweaking and minor changes that can be made before you just gotta start over, and I believe we're at that point. It seems there are too many yes men, from the AD, to the HC, to the assistants. It's time to make a change.

I still love my team, and will root for them to win every game, but I have no confidence in Nebraska getting back to prominence with the way things are.

Go Huskers.

Yikes! You'll be back to mocking people who hold this viewpoint in no time. Just sleep it off.
  • Fire 1

I learned that Nebraska should NEVER wear the All-White road uniforms ever again.

This is what our Home & Away uniforms should be going forward:

Nebr_cornhuskers_unif.png

That is definitely what caused our problems this year.

I didn't say that they caused our problems. I would never say that. Our problems go WAY beyond uniforms.

My point was I'm just not a fan of the All-White uniforms that's all.

So, a "wait and see" kind of guy. Always have been. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to fix mistakes. But after today, I'm done. There's only so much tweaking and minor changes that can be made before you just gotta start over, and I believe we're at that point. It seems there are too many yes men, from the AD, to the HC, to the assistants. It's time to make a change.

I still love my team, and will root for them to win every game, but I have no confidence in Nebraska getting back to prominence with the way things are.

Go Huskers.

Yikes! You'll be back to mocking people who hold this viewpoint in no time. Just sleep it off.

Yeah Saunders, I agree with Dude. Sleep or drink it off.

Incidentally I've been sober all day. But I'm starting to think about having a few pints myself and regrouping tomorrow

Pelini doesn't appear to be the guy for a program that expects to be in championship discussions. His program has head issues, and after 7 years, its clear he doesn't know how to fix them. He seems to get out couched frequently, especially in big games. NU's talent level makes up for many of the poor decisions/sloppiness that we've seen against lesser talented teams.

We don't have quality quaterback play. Considering we're on six years of questionable QBing, its clear there's not someone on staff that can rectify the issue.

There's no accountability. Players can play poorly and not get benched. Pelini's yelling and screaming doesn't seem to change the behavior. Was listening to a GameDay clip where Pelini talked about that he's not really a yeller during practice. Maybe that needs to change? Also, I'd love to know who this team "plays for". Clearly they don't play for the fans/state (I mostly blame Pelini for that attitude), but it seems like they don't even play for each other.

If Pelini had any guts, he'll humbly come out and apologize for this performance, and admit he's in over his head. He won't do it because he's too proud of his scheme, and we fans can't possibly understand what it takes to run a clean-playing, disciplined program. I really believe he needs a mentor type assistant, like an older former head coach to come in and run the O or D and coach Pelini up on how to run a program. This goes back to my first point. Unfortunately, I think he's too smug to believe that he and his scheme are the issue, despite consistently being proven otherwise against most quality teams.

I don't hate Pelini. I've rooted for him. The only thing I don't like about him personally is the attitude he portrays in the media that he's smarter than everyone else (very Callahan-esque). With that said, his teams have been downright D3-like against Wisconsin. Way worse than Osborne ever was against OU. We have to play this team every year. At this point, I see no way the status quo can be kept and ever expect to beat this team. This is two straight Wisconsin coaches that don't necessarily coach identically, yet both have no problem figuring out how to out scheme Pelini. After 6 out of 8 quarters being demolished by UW's program, there's little reason to believe the future will be any different under Pelini.

Saunders isn't too far off.

I've supported Bo 100% prior to today. Paps has always been a yes man. I've been on the fence about Beck. He definitely needs someone to tutor his QBs, but the OL was atrocious today and it's clear there's multiple issues.

After today, we're all sick of waiting for the *POSSIBILITY* of Beck figuring it out. Pay a real established OC with a proven track record damnit. Paps can go away.

Now I'm on the fence about Bo. He can get some better coaches so he can stop melting down or he too can take a hike.