***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

So since coaching hires tend to go the opposite of the previous coach that a team had... who best fits the opposite of Pelini's mold?

Win the games that matter

HC experience

Offensive mind

Calming influence

Embraces the media/fans

Can separate being loyal and what is best for the program.

I am sure there are more...

I want Brett Bielema, just because of his offense and that he has won conference championships. I don't think he leaves the SEC though.

Have you looked at his record at Ark?

T_O_B

He's improving is he not? Rather rapidly too, considering he Callahan'd the offense and took over a team that was really in the shitter from the Petrino incident and the John Smith joke.

I want Brett Bielema, just because of his offense and that he has won conference championships. I don't think he leaves the SEC though.

Have you looked at his record at Ark?

T_O_B

He's improving is he not? Rather rapidly too, considering he Callahan'd the offense and took over a team that was really in the shitter from the Petrino incident and the John Smith joke.

Ya but he's got an Iowa tattoo on his leg......that sh#t is permanent

• Fire 1

I believe we will have Frost named head coach of Nebraska on Sunday or Monday. Patterson is not leaving the state of Texas, No sec coach is coming here where recruiting is way more difficult then in the south. If Tressel was the coach he would have been named by now. No we are hiring Frost the question who if any coaches does he keep, and who is going to be the DC and the OC.

I believe we will have Frost named head coach of Nebraska on Sunday or Monday. Patterson is not leaving the state of Texas, No sec coach is coming here where recruiting is way more difficult then in the south. If Tressel was the coach he would have been named by now. No we are hiring Frost the question who if any coaches does he keep, and who is going to be the DC and the OC.

Ehhh, maybe. But I'm skeptical of Frost being offered the HC gig. I think we've had our fill of first time head coaches. Even if they did QB a MNC team for us.

Then again, you just never know. :shrug:

So since coaching hires tend to go the opposite of the previous coach that a team had... who best fits the opposite of Pelini's mold?

Win the games that matter

HC experience

Offensive mind

Calming influence

Embraces the media/fans

Can separate being loyal and what is best for the program.

I am sure there are more...

This is Nebraska, all the games matter.

Tressel would not have been announced by now. There are things that would be need to be worked out with him. Talking to the NCAA and figuring out all that stuff, and he also will need to tell Youngstown since he is the President there. Hiring him actually would be a choice that would take us longer to announce than just about anyone.

• Fire 2

Tressel would not have been announced by now. There are things that would be need to be worked out with him. Talking to the NCAA and figuring out all that stuff, and he also will need to tell Youngstown since he is the President there. Hiring him actually would be a choice that would take us longer to announce than just about anyone.

Exactly, and it's only been a little over 48 hours since Pelini left.