Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

MAYBE the University got him on the cheap and gave him a HUGE budget for assistants... maybe? Because if he is a good leader and can snag some very, very top quality coordinators, this could be a bigger splash than we think. I just see the blowouts on his record and think SE bought himself another Bo, but one who won't claw up the furniture. I'd like to think that there was some kind of plan here.

• Fire 2

Oh dude!!! We had a chance to brjng back a nebraska guy, a national star who was our starting QB for a NC. We had a chance to get this thing rockin again. Eichhorst was supposed to bring home a ferrari not an edsel. Crap. Get used to getting your ass handed to you fellas.

• Fire 1

I'm as surprised as anyone by this hire but I find the level of angst over this hire kinda silly.

The last Oregon State HC to leave with a winning record (prior to Riley who went 93-80 in two stints as HC at OSU) was Tommy Prothro who left in 1964. Apparently winning isn't easy in Corvallis Oregon, but Riley managed it. So we'll see how he does here.

• Plus1 1

I am just stunned. A part of me thinks hiring a crusty-old 61 year-old who has a great reputation might just be so under-the-radar and WTF move by our AD that it will turn out to a great hire but the other part of me is just like "what just happened?" I'm sort of glad we didn't just hire someone who everyone told us to hire or was on all the boards but this is just so out of left field. And don't records speak for themselves a bit? His record is just so medicare and from other boards I am reading a lot of "hahah, NU is now stuck with him." I don't know what to believe?

I kept thinking the at the end of the article it would read "Scott Frost is coming as the coach-in-waiting OC" but um, no:( Wow, just wow...

• Fire 1

Michael Rose-Ivey @Rose_IveyNB15

I hope he bring that jet sweep with him like how he used Jacquizz Rodgers for @ThtPiersonElKid ... that's 6 all day everyday !!

Seeing lots of tweets from players talking positively about this hire. Need to heal their hurt, and this seems like a good start.

Can't blame the players for loving Bo, but getting them firmly behind the new coach is essential. Gotta do that, and quickly.

• Fire 1

I'm trying to be positive about this hire but looking over his wikipedia page is less than impressive. The national media almost unanimously seems to love the hire so I'm willing to see what happens.

If we're switching to a pro-style offense with more passing then I'd expect Tommy Armstrong's day of playing QB at Nebraska to be over.