Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

I can just feel Bo's defenders gathering to say I told you so.

and.....

Congrats Bo~Leavers, you got your wish.

See how easy it was to get a top notch coach, they were obviously lined up waiting to come here.

Riley, the Ginger idiot and Harv should all be fired.

This is more embarrassing than any 40 point Pelini beatdown.

We fired Bo for this....?

#championshipexpectations

yep.

93-80 record as head coach. That says it all LLOMS.

For all the talk of splash hires, Eichorst having his guy already picked (and maybe this was his guy the whole time), and how it doesn't matter that we have now fired 2 coaches with high win percentages; we ended up trading a coach 2 wins away from championships for a guy 5 wins away from championships.

And please, my comment is hardly an I told you so, just shock from who we hired. The I told you so comes if we fire the guy for not winning in x years.

• Plus1 1

fPYTzN5.gif

Riley better win 8-9 games next year, at least. If he doesn't Eichorst is going into the unemployment line. This hire was Eichorst's decision, and his alone.

Heck, Eichorst may go into the unemployment line regardless. I've already heard that big boosters and the BOR are FURIOUS at this hire.

The Guy who suggested Riley is a Beavers fan: / Awesome. I guess I would think a great coach is at least bowl eligible every year. But, wtf do I know. The good news is with his age maybe he will retire before he gets canned. I will reserve further judgement until I hear what he is paid.

Honestly, I don't mind the hire. I don't know what "big name" people thought was going to come to Nebraska. Tressel was never going to come to NU.

Riley is a proven coach, he is known as a good recruiter, he is a nice guy (opposite of Bo). Yeah, he hasn't had "great" records at Oregon State, but he has done the best of anyone at that school.

My only concern is his age. At 61, how long will it be before NU is looking for another coach?

So you are saying, "There's a chance" ... for at least a couple of years. :-)

The guy is 61 and hasn't build a contender at OSU-P. We'd be better wt an up and coming non-power conf coach. Is this the state of Husker football?- Florida signs the up and coming CSU coach and we get an unproven old guy (hey nothing against old guys- I'm there my self) but he hasn't accomplished anything of value. You don't fire someone wt Bo's record ( and I was all for the firing) and end up with this as the result.

Maybe we all thought the AD had a Tressel or someone playing for a conf championship in his hip pocket when Bo was fired - If this was the guy, then his hip pocket is much smaller and the big cash money to pay someone much less than anticipated.

• Fire 2

I'm not a fan of the hire, BUT I don't believe this one is near as bad as Callahan was. The only things they have in common are NFL experience and offensive styles. Riley has WAY more experience in coaching than Callahan had, and has a way better personality. Not saying I'm a fan of the hire, but he's not THAT bad.

Mike Riley is a very good coach. He was at a place that was a VERY distant #2 to Oregon in the State and didn't have Nike giving it what it wanted. He fielded very disciplined teams that were usually competitive.

I think they may end up being a much better hire than people are giving it credit for.

I think this is a good hire personally.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1