Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

Mike Riley is a very good coach. He was at a place that was a VERY distant #2 to Oregon in the State and didn't have Nike giving it what it wanted. He fielded very disciplined teams that were usually competitive.

I think they may end up being a much better hire than people are giving it credit for.

I think this is a good hire personally.

Agree 100%. I am excited about his recruiting ability and QB work. Can't wait to see what Stanton can do under these circumstances. Looking forward to seeing who the OC and DC will be, and hopefully we can keep the coaches that we want to stay at NU. Going up against the monster that is Nike U would be tough for any school from a recruiting front.

I am shocked at the people who are "done" with the Huskers because of this hire. Is that really all that it takes to get you to stop supporting a team that you supposedly love? Wow...I'd rather be patient and see how the next couple of seasons play out.

Honestly, I don't mind the hire. I don't know what "big name" people thought was going to come to Nebraska. Tressel was never going to come to NU.

Riley is a proven coach, he is known as a good recruiter, he is a nice guy (opposite of Bo). Yeah, he hasn't had "great" records at Oregon State, but he has done the best of anyone at that school.

My only concern is his age. At 61, how long will it be before NU is looking for another coach?

I dont think we should worry about this guy aging out of coaching, because i honestly dont see this lasting longer than 3 years.

• Fire 1

Word is Scott Frost knows him really well, and supposedly he's bringing his DC but no OC

Scott Frost's dad tells 10/11 Scott knows Mike Riley well. Interpret as you wish...

Only thing to save this hire, bring in Frost as OC and coach-in-waiting, so this would be sort of a Tressel/Frost combo we imagined and hoped for. He's 61, give him 5 years and then let Frost take over...

• Fire 3

I don't know anything about him, which I'm guessing is just like the majority of the people on here throwing a fit. I will have to hold judgement on the hire until I see how he does over the off season and what happens with recruitment and assistant coaches. Welcome Mike Riley! I hope you come in and do some damage control with current players and recruits and hit the ground running!

You gotta be fricking kidding me! Horrible hire, never even won his division. Did he EVER turn OSU into anything since 1997! Humongous downgrade! I think nice guy but bad coach. Eichorst must go now!

His BEST season was 4 losses, Pelinis WORST season was 4 losses!

His records:

3-8

5-6

8-5

7-5

5-6

10-4

9-4

9-4

8-5

5-7

3-9

9-4

7-6

5-7

• Fire 1

Wow didn't expect everyone to be this upset. I just think eichorst got everyone's expectations a little to high. I for one like the hire and it kinda reminds me of the Miles hire. Wait to judge until he builds a staff and has a season under his belt.

I agree, I am not upset just feel like we all got punched as this was so out of left field, will be interesting, part of me is excited as I don't know anything about him...wow.